Near dog attack

Mutineer

Something tells me a goose wouldn't be much of a deterrent for these dogs.

Something crossed my mind about the Kangal.

The Kangal has been bred to protect livestock. Domestic geese are livestock as they lay eggs for people to eat.

It would be uncharacteristic for a livestock guardian to kill livestock. Even something as ill-tempered, mean, and deserving of death as a goose.

I predict that a Kangal would tolerate a goose attack, and simply walk away.

Goose Victory!!!!

MAKAVELI

Something crossed my mind about the Kangal.

The Kangal has been bred to protect livestock. Domestic geese are livestock as they lay eggs for people to eat.

It would be uncharacteristic for a livestock guardian to kill livestock. Even something as ill-tempered, mean, and deserving of death as a goose.

I predict that a Kangal would tolerate a goose attack, and simply walk away.

Goose Victory!!!!
They protect those they are bonded to. Think of it like you protecting your children. Everything else is a potential threat. They have the instinct ingrained in their DNA to determine a threat and act. The protection comes when they are fully mature and bonded with their flock.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
They protect those they are bonded to. Think of it like you protecting your children. Everything else is a potential threat. They have the instinct ingrained in their DNA to determine a threat and act. The protection comes when they are fully mature and bonded with their flock.

Kind of like.... when parents try and defend their children against sexualized tranny performances ?

Mutineer

They protect those they are bonded to.

No different than any other animal with a herd or pack instinct.

Nothing 'special' about a Kangal. Just an ordinary dog that was specifically bred for a purpose, and got super-sized.

One very useful breed that is overlooked is the Standard Poodle.

I observed a Standard Poodle in action during a wild-pig hunt. It was a standout performer.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Nothing 'special' about a Kangal. Just an ordinary dog that was specifically bred for a purpose, and got super-sized.

I observed a Standard Poodle in action during a wild-pig hunt. It was a standout performer.
Standard Poodles are vicious bastards.

Mutineer

More than that. Unlike the other dogs, it had the sense to know to get out of the way when somebody was preparing to shoot. Australian Shepherds are another breed that also had that "sense."

It is very difficult to shoot a wild pig when it is swarmed by dogs, without also shooting a dog.

More dogs always means a more successful pig hunt. If you don't care about unintentionally shooting a dog, then bring as many dogs as you want.

The person I knew used a motley collection of pound dogs, and an otherwise useless "nose dog."

Commercial Inside Release

Dogs usually focus on bare skin for their point of attack. Here in the north, since we are covered and wearing gloves, they go for the face.

This is why you all should deliver parcels with your ballsack hanging out. They call it hanging brain, because it's smart!

Mutineer

As far as little dogs go, the miniatures are good too.

An aunt of mine had one. When she told it to shut up, it shut up.

She didn't allow her cat in the living room. When the cat disobeyed, the little Poodle would seek her out and inform her with a distinct yapping sound that the cat was in the living room.

MAKAVELI

They are different in that it's engrained in their DNA. No specific training needed to bring that out of the dog. And you can't train it out of them. These dogs fight to the death to protect. You'd be very impressed to see these dogs work without human direction. These dogs are the perfect combination of size ,speed, power, stamina and temperament. Origins of a Mastiff and Sighthound bred for thousands of years for the sole purpose of flock protection. Your standard poodle wouldn't stand a chance against an apex predator.

Mutineer

Your standard poodle wouldn't stand a chance against an apex predator.

I agree. And it doesn't matter because dogs are nothing more than hairy alarm bells, and sacrificial fodder.

There is no shortage of useful dogs to be had for a pittance while waiting for death at the pound.

I believe you are correct that the Kangal is the best dog to be had for it's very limited purpose.

Scaring away predators with it's size, sound, and stench.

I still think a couple of ordinary angry geese would make a Kangal look silly.

MAKAVELI

I agree. And it doesn't matter because dogs are nothing more than hairy alarm bells, and sacrificial fodder.

There is no shortage of useful dogs to be had for a pittance while waiting for death at the pound.

I believe you are correct that the Kangal is the best dog to be had for it's very limited purpose.

Scaring away predators with it's size, sound, and stench.

I still think a couple of ordinary angry geese would make a Kangal look silly.
You don't understand. These dogs are killers. They don't just scare away predators. 100-150 lbs can run up to 35 mph, strongest bite force of any dog, and the temperament to be fearless against any predator. Lol

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You don't understand. These dogs are killers. They don't just scare away predators. 100-150 lbs can run up to 35 mph, strongest bite force of any dog, and the temperament to be fearless against any predator. Lol

Dogs of that size and temperament need to live in open spaces, like a 100 acre farm with other animals.

It's like the people that think Great Danes and Rhodesian Ridgebacks are house dogs....

Mutineer

Enough cheerleading already. It's obvious that you're trying to talk yourself into getting a Kangal.

I don't know why I'm talking about dogs anyways. I really don't like dogs much.

I very much like cats. Wanna' talk about cats?