Need help understanding Article 22 Section 5 of new contract

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Jack H. Cherry II, Feb 10, 2015.

1. Jack H. Cherry II

Jack H. Cherry II Preloader

I was hired as a PT preloader on 7-15-13, I started at $9.50 and now I'm at $11.50 (seniority +1 year). Should I have recived the $0.70 general wage increases from August 2013 and/or 2014 also , or is my current pay right? Just trying to make sure I'm being paid right and i understan the contract.
  2. Bren_dan

Bren_dan New Member

I fall into the same contract. And I make what you make. So, I think that's right. But if not, I'd be happy to be proved wrong.
  3. Jack H. Cherry II

Same here. I asked our stewards months ago but never got an answer.
  4. hondo

hondo promoted to mediocrity

You are being paid correctly (according to the contract). Even though your hire/seniority date is before 8-1-13, you did not actually attain seniority until after 8-1-13. Thus you fall under Article 22 Section 5(b).
    From what I've seen, the company usually delays hiring part timers every year until the seniority dates are after August 1; pretty rare to see June or July dates on seniority lists, except for the contract year when the line about "attaining" seniority applies.
  5. Jack H. Cherry II

Thanks for the info, couldn't get any answers for me or a few other people at my center.