Need help understanding Article 22 Section 5 of new contract

I was hired as a PT preloader on 7-15-13, I started at $9.50 and now I'm at $11.50 (seniority +1 year). Should I have recived the $0.70 general wage increases from August 2013 and/or 2014 also , or is my current pay right? Just trying to make sure I'm being paid right and i understan the contract.

Bren_dan

I fall into the same contract. And I make what you make. So, I think that's right. But if not, I'd be happy to be proved wrong.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I was hired as a PT preloader on 7-15-13, I started at $9.50 and now I'm at $11.50 (seniority +1 year). Should I have recived the $0.70 general wage increases from August 2013 and/or 2014 also , or is my current pay right? Just trying to make sure I'm being paid right and i understan the contract.
You are being paid correctly (according to the contract). Even though your hire/seniority date is before 8-1-13, you did not actually attain seniority until after 8-1-13. Thus you fall under Article 22 Section 5(b).
From what I've seen, the company usually delays hiring part timers every year until the seniority dates are after August 1; pretty rare to see June or July dates on seniority lists, except for the contract year when the line about "attaining" seniority applies.