Need some advice

xfdxgroundmgmt

Old school, copy map pages, highlight stops use different colors to plan the day, and run forrest run! If you are on different routs daily / weekly, take the time to plan your day, if and when you get a more permanent rout than laminate is the way to go. Also be SAFE, they are only packages.

dHatch

HD has that, Ground does not. Ground does, however, have a system called Vision for the loaders that can print out very, very good maps. I prefer this. HD drivers seem to lean too much for too long on the plotting program. It is a decent tool for learning though.

What are these maps like? Can they print out the whole route with points on it where each stop is?! That would have saved me a lot of time! I've only ever seen the single stop maps for code 03's at Ground. We had the laminated maps method with my contractor. Since my route was 100 miles and 120 stops I had to plot it all by hand every morning.

HomeDelivery

What are these maps like? Can they print out the whole route with points on it where each stop is?! That would have saved me a lot of time! I've only ever seen the single stop maps for code 03's at Ground. We had the laminated maps method with my contractor. Since my route was 100 miles and 120 stops I had to plot it all by hand every morning.

that sucks! they have the tech; it just takes time to scan every package for your route then update the program to plot it all into the system ~ and then you'll have a printout of the overview (& detail if you need it)

as a driver that covers a different area almost everyday, it helps take the guesswork out. I have yet to see how they'll compensate for different service levels/ pickup times

Maui

that sucks! they have the tech; it just takes time to scan every package for your route then update the program to plot it all into the system ~ and then you'll have a printout of the overview (& detail if you need it)

as a driver that covers a different area almost everyday, it helps take the guesswork out. I have yet to see how they'll compensate for different service levels/ pickup times

They do not quite have this at Express. However, you could request a Route trace that would do this for a previous day. Since there is a lot of consistency you could get a manager to print out the previous week and just add the stops that are different. It would look like map and also show the stop order of the regular driver and the times when they were delivered or picked up. You know if you are on pace or may need some help. You can even estimate for dispatch how far behind you are.

On the pickup side it would show the routing for all the regular pickups and you could see how the driver blends in on-calls and if you get a lot of the same on-calls.

Not a perfect system and not as good the one at HD apparently.

On a side note, Microsoft MapPoint would allow you to enter all addresses and get a route with optimized stops. It typically takes into account dividing major streets and you can input tons of stops.