new account

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Not sure about any new account, but I've been delivering iphones and such to places like Costco for years.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Helen dont stop caring, remember its not for Joe Supervisor that we care for any ways. I put in sales leads every chance I get and it sure isnt to keep my center manager happy. I plan on retiring at some point and Im sure you do as well, I do what ever I can to premote UPS and its services any chance I get so that I can secure my weekly pay check and my retirement some day. So remember the next time we crap on a customer we really are crapping on each other because our pay checks and future derive fully from customers using our service.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Helen dont stop caring, remember its not for Joe Supervisor that we care for any ways. I put in sales leads every chance I get and it sure isnt to keep my center manager happy. I plan on retiring at some point and Im sure you do as well, I do what ever I can to premote UPS and its services any chance I get so that I can secure my weekly pay check and my retirement some day. So remember the next time we crap on a customer we really are crapping on each other because our pay checks and future derive fully from customers using our service.
Well said!

skir

Los Angeles CA
couldn't say it better myself.

helenofcalifornia

NEVER said I crap on the customer!! I take pride in working for the UPS that stood for service. My customers will tell you the same. I take issue with all the latest, must haves, gotta do, "two week plans" that are of the utmost urgency, the sky is falling, sign this paper so that you acknowledge what we are saying, etc., that are completely forgotten when the next, newest, brightest, "two week plan" comes around. (long sentence)

I tired of all the crap that is coming down on us and that UPS appears to have no regard for its workers anymore. Will it get better when the economy comes back? Hopefully. Realistically, no. It will never go back to normal.

Our preload is running numbers that warranted 35-36 trucks last year. We are now sending out 32-33. Same volume, three less trucks. Why? Drivers still laid off that could be working so that other drivers could take a day off. No, ain't gonna happen. Anymore than 3 sick days in 6 months will get you a warning letter. Are you kidding me??? Why do we get nine sick days a year than if we can't take them without a warning letter issued? And for God's sake, take your hour lunch with your ton of businesses you have now on your route. And expect to grovel when asking for a half hour so you can finish your business before pickups start.
And don't even let me start on the uniforms we can't order.

Yeah, I am a little teed off. And I really don't care anymore. But I DO care about my customers and would never sabotage my relationship with them. I am ssooooo glad I am not a rookie starting out; they will never know the "old" UPS where it was actually fun to come to work. Now, I am just a number on a piece of paper that is sometimes circled or underlined in the morning when I get in. Who cares. Rant, rant, rant!

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Helen, I for one agree with what you are saying there. I also still find it amazing that UPS believes that it can demoralize the workers into making the company more successful! It's not easy to sell the service when you are concerned that you are going to somehow run afoul of the newest report or be singled out by some flashy software as a detriment to your workgroup. It's amazing to me that so many of us can still manage to smile our way through the day greeting and serving the customers that pay our wages all the while knowing that someone is sitting at a monitor scrutinizing you every second spent at and between stops like you don't have the common sense to utilize the time in a cost efficient manner. Customer relations is the number one factor in building and maintaining any business. We simply do not have time to care about the most important issues anymore. That's both sad and dangerous for us all.

helenofcalifornia

Once I am out of the building, I am free. New game on!! How fast can I get the air off and how much ground with it? It's kinda fun. It's all about the customer then and what can I do for them. I will take the UPS hit by spending too much time answering questions, making sure they have enough supplies, schmoozing when needed. Yeah, I will probably be on a report, but that report is soooo long now with other "non-compliant" workers, UPS can't possibly give me all the time they think I need to correct my "wrongs." Ho hum. Yada, yada, yada. In one ear, out the other.

Strange they haven't been hammering us for sales leads lately. This must be an upcoming "two week plan."

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Helen I wasnt implying that you yourself were crapping on your customers, so I appologize if thats how you read it. Your approach with your customers is exactly what we all should do regardless of what we deal with inside the building. UPS is a machine good bad or ugly and we all are along for the ride. For the most part from what I have seen is that UPS management are for more stressed and harrased at work then the hourly will ever be. Over the pass few years we have gone from a required level of service through integrity to just an atmospher of percieved service through what ever means needed. Personally I blame two things, first the management, secondly the wave of 10000 new full-timers hired. Management doesnt care what level of service is provided as long as the package is delivered, and this is the invironment that these new drivers developed in, and it shows! So I say keep plugging away and hope that some day all the dust will clear.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

To add to what Brown is saying, the younger drivers just don't seem to go that extra step for the customer. We have a room where all of the undeliverable pkgs go and I will take a peek in there each morning before going on road. I am amazed at how many of them I either know where they live or know where in that town I would go to find out where they live or that actually have a phone number on them. This is the kind of stuff that we can control but some of these kids would rather get done early than take that extra step.

cino321

To add to what Brown is saying, the younger drivers just don't seem to go that extra step for the customer. We have a room where all of the undeliverable pkgs go and I will take a peek in there each morning before going on road. I am amazed at how many of them I either know where they live or know where in that town I would go to find out where they live or that actually have a phone number on them. This is the kind of stuff that we can control but some of these kids would rather get done early than take that extra step.

Whats wrong with keeping the clerks working?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
NEVER said I crap on the customer!! I take pride in working for the UPS that stood for service. My customers will tell you the same. I take issue with all the latest, must haves, gotta do, "two week plans" that are of the utmost urgency, the sky is falling, sign this paper so that you acknowledge what we are saying, etc., that are completely forgotten when the next, newest, brightest, "two week plan" comes around. (long sentence)

I tired of all the crap that is coming down on us and that UPS appears to have no regard for its workers anymore. Will it get better when the economy comes back? Hopefully. Realistically, no. It will never go back to normal.

Our preload is running numbers that warranted 35-36 trucks last year. We are now sending out 32-33. Same volume, three less trucks. Why? Drivers still laid off that could be working so that other drivers could take a day off. No, ain't gonna happen. Anymore than 3 sick days in 6 months will get you a warning letter. Are you kidding me??? Why do we get nine sick days a year than if we can't take them without a warning letter issued? And for God's sake, take your hour lunch with your ton of businesses you have now on your route. And expect to grovel when asking for a half hour so you can finish your business before pickups start.
And don't even let me start on the uniforms we can't order.

Yeah, I am a little teed off. And I really don't care anymore. But I DO care about my customers and would never sabotage my relationship with them. I am ssooooo glad I am not a rookie starting out; they will never know the "old" UPS where it was actually fun to come to work. Now, I am just a number on a piece of paper that is sometimes circled or underlined in the morning when I get in. Who cares. Rant, rant, rant!

Once I am out of the building, I am free. New game on!! How fast can I get the air off and how much ground with it? It's kinda fun. It's all about the customer then and what can I do for them. I will take the UPS hit by spending too much time answering questions, making sure they have enough supplies, schmoozing when needed. Yeah, I will probably be on a report, but that report is soooo long now with other "non-compliant" workers, UPS can't possibly give me all the time they think I need to correct my "wrongs." Ho hum. Yada, yada, yada. In one ear, out the other.

Strange they haven't been hammering us for sales leads lately. This must be an upcoming "two week plan."
LOL, this is so well said, Helen. I really think you should have wrote this rant as one long sentence. I feel your pain and enjoy the same passion for the customers.

Helen I wasnt implying that you yourself were crapping on your customers, so I appologize if thats how you read it. Your approach with your customers is exactly what we all should do regardless of what we deal with inside the building. UPS is a machine good bad or ugly and we all are along for the ride. For the most part from what I have seen is that UPS management are for more stressed and harrased at work then the hourly will ever be. Over the pass few years we have gone from a required level of service through integrity to just an atmospher of percieved service through what ever means needed. Personally I blame two things, first the management, secondly the wave of 10000 new full-timers hired. Management doesnt care what level of service is provided as long as the package is delivered, and this is the invironment that these new drivers developed in, and it shows! So I say keep plugging away and hope that some day all the dust will clear.
I didn't get that vibe, Brown. Still well said.

That "extra step" is a sales lead in and of itself.