New Contract Proposal

Stonefish

I care about the finances of UPS because it's the cow we all get milk from. If UPS starts to post losses or lower than expected earnings, do you think we'll be able to negotiate from a position of strength? I want UPS to be the best and the biggest company in the world, and expect to share in the prosperity that we, as the blue collar labor, helped make it that way. If we continue to only think about ourselves instead of the well being of the company, we will eat steak for now, but the milk will be gone and we'll all go hungry.
You can explain it to someone that doesn't want to read or listen. What some people want is for their company to make little or no profits and them come back to them at a later date and ask for money back or make changes like YRCW. Funny how these people want to say how they care about the part-timers or the full-time progression when the last contract increased the progression and the part-timers didn't get health care for 1 year 18 months for their families. NOW they care I get it. By the way realbrown1 won't respond intelligently I asked him to respond on one of my posts and he couldn't so he puts out garbage

Addison Feeder Driver

I wasn't here for the last contract, I was at YRC. I care about concerns that senior drivers have about health care and the pension. Why shouldn't they care about new hires and the fact that they make far less than than seasonal drivers and half what full scale drivers make? It would be acceptable if it was a fair progression, after all UPS can't pay every driver six figures. However the 3 year progression plus the average 2 years sent as a seasonal driver is too long as it is. Now they also want 24/7 on call hours. So now for several years new hires can't make any plans or appointments for any day of the week for years. Does that sound fair to you?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

I wasn't here for the last contract, I was at YRC. I care about concerns that senior drivers have about health care and the pension. Why shouldn't they care about new hires and the fact that they make far less than than seasonal drivers and half what full scale drivers make? It would be acceptable if it was a fair progression, after all UPS can't pay every driver six figures. However the 3 year progression plus the average 2 years sent as a seasonal driver is too long as it is. Now they also want 24/7 on call hours. So now for several years new hires can't make any plans or appointments for any day of the week for years. Does that sound fair to you?

Sent using BrownCafe App
My question to you is why aren't you at YRC anymore?
I care about the concerns of every member at UPS not just senior drivers. I can't talk about your local in particular because I don't know what the proposals were but if you worked at YRC you should understand there is only so much money to go around. Seasonal drivers do not make more than seniority drivers in our area and in freight the start rate is not close to scale. What is a fair progression and what would the cost be? As far as the 24/7 i don't know what you're talking about can you explain it because I can't see package drivers being on call 24/7? How may option days or vacation days do you guys get in your area? You ask does it sound fair I would respond by saying what one person thinks is fair another may not agree. Please don't get me wrong you are entitled to your opinion and your right to vote however you feel necessary but one must factor in the cost for what we are all asking for. Everything comes at a cost. That leads me back to my original question why aren't you still at YRC?

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
I care about the concerns of every member at UPS not just senior drivers.
What a load of BS.
Face it, you're just another VOTE YES spoon fed Hoffa puppet. It's who you really are. Don't go around trying to hide it. If you're a dirtbag, be the best dirtbag you can be.

Stonefish

What a load of BS.
Face it, you're just another VOTE YES spoon fed Hoffa puppet. It's who you really are. Don't go around trying to hide it. If you're a dirtbag, be the best dirtbag you can be.
Janis Joplin sang a song that reminds me of you. Cry Cry Baby.
Don't be such a sore TDU loser.

Stonefish

What a load of BS.
Is that what your mom told you be the best dirtbag you can be before she threw you in the trash

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Janis Joplin sang a song that reminds me of you. Cry Cry Baby.
Don't be such a sore TDU loser.
A TDU loser? That the best you got. Pathetic. Maybe you should PM Stink and get some help, because, damn, you suck at insults. Must let other people do most the thinking for you.
And for the record, it's Feb 12th, and has the contract been put into effect? Hell no. Hahahaha. Thank god for all the NO VOTERS out there. A hugh shout out to my fellow NO VOTERS. Our retro check is going to be killer.

Stonefish

A TDU loser? That the best you got. Pathetic. Maybe you should PM Stink and get some help, because, damn, you suck at insults. Must let other people do most the thinking for you.
And for the record, it's Feb 12th, and has the contract been put into effect? Hell no. Hahahaha. Thank god for all the NO VOTERS out there. A hugh shout out to my fellow NO VOTERS. Our retro check is going to be killer.
Blah Blah Blah
Does the flushing of the toilet remind you of your mommy

Addison Feeder Driver

I'm 710, we just got ballots this week. There is no way the contract will pass as is.

As far as Stonefish not understanding 24/7 on call, it's obviously not for package drivers. It's for feeder drivers, we work shifts around the clock so the package cars have freight to deliver in the morning. Currently they post sign up sheets for weekend work, but under the new contract they will be able to force drivers to work weekends.

I'm not at YRC anymore because 705 put 50 junior drivers with less Seniority ahead of me when they did the merger. Two of the stewards cut deals and went along with an agreement that violated everybody's seniority. One of the stewards was made a BA and the other got a 30 year pension early.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I've heard rumors of 4/10 and 5/8 routes among other things. What is the latest with 705/710
some drivers will get to bid 4 ten hour day positions. Others will work 5 days and guaranteed 8

They tried that here with our feeder drivers. The specific language was 10% of all runs rounded up. The supplement was voted down and the original supplement was voted back in.