New DIAD...

Here in NJ we are supposedly getting the newest DIAD version sometime in July....anyone know ANYTHING about it in terms of size? weight? new features? Im hoping this one has the toggle button that switches the signiture screen somewhere OTHER than where the customer automatically puts their thumbs!

packageguy

I saw pictures of it on denver brown site. From what I hear, drivers had 100% input on the design and buttons and gadgits. Half the size of what we have now.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Our old center manager signed us up to be a beta center (I'm in NJ also). She has sinced moved on and we'll get to deal with the nightmare when they come. I can hardly wait :-/

From what I understand, they are breaking the mold with the new ones, but that's just hearsay until I have it in my hands.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I'm a pretty practical guy, and for the life of me I cannot understand why we are going to the expense of creating an entirely new version of the DIAD instead of just making a few minor improvements (like relocating the signature and shift keys) to the DIAD IV.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I'm a pretty practical guy, and for the life of me I cannot understand why we are going to the expense of creating an entirely new version of the DIAD instead of just making a few minor improvements (like relocating the signature and shift keys) to the DIAD IV.

A lot of times rebuilding things cost more time and money than starting from new and going from the ground up.

pretzel_man

Would you rebuild a cell phone? Would you rebuild an old computer?

With technology, parts become obsolete and no longer available.

No one manufactures parts for DIAD any more.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
A lot of times rebuilding things cost more time and money than starting from new and going from the ground up.

The new one is not a custom product. Its "an off the shelf" unit. Has much greater capabilities at 1/3 the cost of the last version. Does more, costs less, more reliable, external memory, less lost records...at least thats what they say.

I saw pictures of it on denver brown site. From what I hear, drivers had 100% input on the design and buttons and gadgits. Half the size of what we have now.
Tried it. Tested it. Awsome, fast but very small. It will fit in your pocket. It is supposed to have a camera on it too but did not see that feature. It was tested in our center in the fall and in the winter to see how it worked wearing goves. Yes we are a cold weather state.