New, Improved (?) Response Thread

Stat41

For us a closed scan still counts as a service failure, is that not the same with Express?
No. Fedex Express service is measured in delivery attempts, not completed deliveries. A closed scan indicates we went by a location and made the attempt but they were not there to receive it. In this instance the courier scanned it as closed but did not go to the location and make the attempt even though the location was not closed.

It will be fine

No. Fedex Express service is measured in delivery attempts, not completed deliveries. A closed scan indicates we went by a location and made the attempt but they were not there to receive it. In this instance the courier scanned it as closed but did not go to the location and make the attempt even though the location was not closed.
They hit us the same for either. If a business is closed it’s our failure to deliver it, it counts the same as no attempt.

Star B

White Lightening
They hit us the same for either. If a business is closed it’s our failure to deliver it, it counts the same as no attempt.
probably designed that way to help deter falsification by contractors because "who cares, it's going to hurt either way, so let's just be honest"

It will be fine

probably designed that way to help deter falsification by contractors because "who cares, it's going to hurt either way, so let's just be honest"
There’s plenty of other ways to falsify. The only explanation I’ve gotten that comes close to making sense is that’s it’s meant to encourage indirect deliveries. Customers just love going next door to retrieve their packages.

falcon back

There’s plenty of other ways to falsify. The only explanation I’ve gotten that comes close to making sense is that’s it’s meant to encourage indirect deliveries. Customers just love going next door to retrieve their packages.
Going next door beats not getting your package or going to Walgreens

MassWineGuy

Never, EVER falsify. As long as you're not screwing off, you have nothing to worry about. Don't make their problems your problems. While it's human nature to take care of those who take care of you -- there's a limit to it and Management will play you miles past the limit, but once the axe has to fall, it will be on your head.

Coding your packages as 8s only says "The courier was successful at attempting all stops assigned to them today, but it's the customers fault why they didnt get it cuz they weren't there." So the manager doesn't have to explain to the higher ups why you had dex3s, and it doesn't look like anything was wrong and you were dispatched perfectly.

You can only do so much. You can only go so fast on the road. You can only walk so fast at the stop. You can't control the traffic or the customers. What you need to do is make sure that you are being as efficient as you possibly can while following the rules. It doesn't matter if they give you 10 stops or 1000. Just be as efficient as you can be safely on road, communicate your status with dispatch, and there is NOTHING they can do.

Totally great and true advice. I told her today that I’d have to code any more unattempted deliveries as unattempted. She told me to go ahead and she would take whatever heat comes from it. But I’m also going to be much quicker to seek help and offload some stops to others in my area.

Maui

Not at Express. There is a Service Quality Index score that counts business PO as a failure, but it's a small impact and rarely addressed especially since COVID. There was a push to make sure attempts only happen during known open business hours. Business closed scans in the station - STAT42 have no negative impact.

But overall if the attempt is on-time it "made service".

floridays

Meh, for now that might have some truth. Today’s workers can’t be counted on like the older generations. They don’t expect to work anywhere long. They plan on job hopping. Companies need to adjust their expectations to meet that labor supply. I’ve focused a lot more energy on speeding up on boarding than on retention. That’s what keeps my company running smoothly with the expected high turnover.
No, what keeps your company flowing is a steady flow of boxes that have to find a home on a doorstep and a parent company that employs you to do it under the current climate.
You're delivering a box. You don't impress them.

Exactly what does this mean?

I’ve focused a lot more energy on speeding up on boarding than on retention

Stat41

No, what keeps your company flowing is a steady flow of boxes that have to find a home on a doorstep and a parent company that employs you to do it under the current climate.
You're delivering a box. You don't impress them.

Exactly what does this mean?

I’ve focused a lot more energy on speeding up on boarding than on retention
It means he is concentrating more on accelerating the hiring process over trying to keep the employees he has hired.

floridays

It means he is concentrating more on accelerating the hiring process over trying to keep the employees he has hired.
I guess that is like a dog chasing his tail.

I have no doubt she has no legacy cost associated with her employees. I have no idea why an employer would prefer the constant supply of labor if it wasn't dictated by massive growth.

Maybe I'm ignorant of how to build a strong, successful small business.

Stat41

I have no doubt she has no legacy cost associated with her employees. I have no idea why an employer would prefer the constant supply of labor if it wasn't dictated by massive growth.

Maybe I'm ignorant of how to build a strong, successful small business
At any rate, this is a person I would not give my abilities, talent, or dedication to.

falcon back

I've got 50 dollars that says your neighbor would refuse the indirect and say send his ass to Walgreens.

Just a guess.
I am retired. Receiving packages is a breeze. The fishing hole is in my backyard and the golf course is down the street. The couriers that deliver to me know how to find me. Do you want to PayPal me that $50?

floridays

I am retired. Receiving packages is a breeze. The fishing hole is in my backyard and the golf course is down the street. The couriers that deliver to me know how to find me. Do you want to PayPal me that $50?
I've got 50 dollars that says your neighbor would refuse the indirect
Do you have a problem with English?
Get off of this thing or you will miss your tee time, or you'll be late dropping your worm in the water.

Knock it out of the park today, Stud :thumbup1: