New Long Island NY Package Handler.

LongIslandNewbie

Good Morning,

I am a new package handler in long island NY. I completed my training and this week was out on my own route for 4 days and then sent home today? My truck along with 3 other drivers trucks were loaded and they split our packages amongst the rest of the drivers left. WHY? I was told its based on numbers. But what I don't understand is how this makes any sense? How do I avoid getting sent home in the future. Are they trying to prolong my 40 day mark before the holiday season? I was told I am full time and not seasonal when hired.

Confused in Long Island

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Good Morning,

I am a new package handler in long island NY. I completed my training and this week was out on my own route for 4 days and then sent home today? My truck along with 3 other drivers trucks were loaded and they split our packages amongst the rest of the drivers left. WHY? I was told its based on numbers. But what I don't understand is how this makes any sense? How do I avoid getting sent home in the future. Are they trying to prolong my 40 day mark before the holiday season? I was told I am full time and not seasonal when hired.

Confused in Long Island

Are you a driver or a package handler?

Good Morning,

Confused in Long Island
They probably lied to you
Being full time doesn't mean you will work every day, when you are on the bottom of the list.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Good Morning,

Confused in Long Island
Wah. Another crybaby....you must be a new hire out of my building....lol

LongIslandNewbie

Driver, But I was told not seasonal? Not crying, just trying to understand. I have a family to support, just need to understand what to expect. I passed up some other roles to take this one. Want to make sure I made the right role. I am willing to stick it out if my chances are high for permanent but what are my chances?

Driver, But I was told not seasonal? Not crying, just trying to understand. I have a family to support, just need to understand what to expect. I passed up some other roles to take this one. Want to make sure I made the right role. I am willing to stick it out if my chances are high for permanent but what are my chances?
This is a hard place to break into if you are trying to support a family.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Dude....they lied to you. They lie ALL the time. Best case scenario...they'll offer you a preload position making $11/hr after Labor day till Thanksgiving when they need you again.
You in Nassau or Suffolk? Don't get more specific than that about your location.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
image.jpeg

trickpony1

The OP may want to go to an employment agency and apply for day jobs while working preload at night.

Is he gonna like it? Probably not but when you've got a family to support you do what you gotta do.