New Metric has been Unleashed: RDR "Record/Drive/Release"

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I would think it would apply to any premium product with a time commit but, yes, it is primarily for NDA.

The flavor of the month in my center is closing out drop boxes early.

Resident know-it-all.
very well may be/should be,but only NDA was mentioned in our PCM. It's another example that if the job is done by the methods noone will have to worry about any report generated by the metric

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
How can you close out a letter box early? The DIAD prompts you that it is not time yet. Do you go ahead and say YES? Had a on road sup once say you only had to be in the 15 minute window. Knew that was wrong.
It depends on how the pickup is setup. If it's a sweep only pickup you'll get the prompt but not show up on a report if you complete it early. If it's a regular letterbox pickup then you can't complete it early or you'll show up on a report.

The interesting thing is with a letterbox pickup the timestamp is when you close out the pickup not when you open the pickup or start scanning... so as long as you don't close the pickup before the due time you're good. However I wouldn't recommend opening it early, scanning what's there and leaving then completing it back at the center or wherever because if someone complains about their NDA sitting in a letterbox overnight and picked up a day late and they pull up your stop and see you completed it away from the box--bad things will happen to your rectum.

PT Car Washer

I am talking letter box pick up. No way do you pick it up early and stop complete it back at the center. I believe you don't even want to open up the stop very early. Maybe 5 or 10 minutes early or that will generate a report. Not sure. Just what I have been told.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

We knew this metric was coming. I don't feel like searching for it, but there was a thread within the last year on BC about a DIAD training talking about the proper place to sheet up packages, especially NDA. (For the record, it is the delivery point according to that training, not just on property. For example, if you are delivering glasses to a Walmart or Sam ' s Club vision center, if they take their packages inside the lab, you aren't suppose to scan them when first walking into the Walmart or even the customer area, but only where they sign for them. That's corporate policy. At a residential stop it's at the door, or wherever you leave the package. Some mentioned how this contradicts the delivery method of scanning while you walk.)

At the time of the training it was speculated that a report was being created to show when a package is scanned in one location but delivered in another, maybe going by if the GPS alert goes off when the package is scanned. That training specifically warned that failure to comply with the training could lead to discipline, up to and including termination. (It was interesting to note the words "up to....termination" were italicized in that training).

We talked about how upset center teams would be, as corporate was cracking down on something that they not only turned a blind eye to, but actually encouraged at times because it makes their lives easier.

Last edited:

Nazzrath

I'll go ahead and pre-record 5 or so resi stops then stop complete each of them at the correct delivery point. Will this show up on some report? I've been doing it for a few months now and haven't heard a peep from mgmt.

I'll go ahead and pre-record 5 or so resi stops then stop complete each of them at the correct delivery point. Will this show up on some report? I've been doing it for a few months now and haven't heard a peep from mgmt.
Don't do that. record the package at the stop....stop complete the stop, at the stop....Don't give them a freebie, to fire your :censored2:.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

If you pre-record a package and then open it back up, it goes by where you open it up, both for location and the timestamp, meaning an Air recorded this way to beat the commit time would end up being late.

If you leave the air in pre record, not only would the location info for the scan still be there - meaning you'd show on the new report- but you'd also show up on the "pre-recorded airs" report, which, at least in my center, they don't want you on even if it is legitimate (like getting to a stop with multiple addresses being signed for by one person, with the final signature being acquired and all stops closed out after the commit time).

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I've never once pre-recorded a package. Why is this feature used? What's the purpose?

Ever have someone sign for their and a neighbor's package? Pre-record allows them to only have to sign once. Especially useful for dorm mail rooms, where a clerk may sign for dozens of individual stops (while some supes insist that all the packages should be one stop, DIAD training directed that each stop be recorded individually, and then we use the 'duplicate' key so we get credit for only one stop; I may have forgotten to do that once or twice:wink2:).

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
I have, one time a supe even told me to, several miles away....
I've been told to do this several times by my center manager. Once, I had just finished giving air help. I was walking into the office just as a call came in from a driver about a bad pal on a NDA. This was just a few minutes before commit time. center manager tells me to put the tracking number and address into my diad, all the while standing over my shoulder saying, "c'mon, c'mon!" Big arrow down, signature screen with a minute to spare, and I'm out the door. Drive five miles across town to grab the package, drive another five miles to deliver it twenty minutes late. The hot chick at the front desk was none the wiser, but the whole situation just felt grimy.

Work as directed, right?

I've been told to do this several times by my center manager. Once, I had just finished giving air help. I was walking into the office just as a call came in from a driver about a bad pal on a NDA. This was just a few minutes before commit time. center manager tells me to put the tracking number and address into my diad, all the while standing over my shoulder saying, "c'mon, c'mon!" Big arrow down, signature screen with a minute to spare, and I'm out the door. Drive five miles across town to grab the package, drive another five miles to deliver it twenty minutes late. The hot chick at the front desk was none the wiser, but the whole situation just felt grimy.

Work as directed, right?
No!...you call him out on that crap.....a good Sup wouldn't ask that of you.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

Work as directed, right?

I'd do it, but before I left the building I'd tell said center manager "taking a quick 2 minute break" and call the ethics hotline.

Screw these people.

JL 0513

Remember that the center manager doesn't control the punishment when this rule is now broken. So even if your the center manager's favorite pet, he must carry out the 1 day suspension for 1st offense and likely termination for 2nd. The DM quickly becomes aware of this red flag. center manager is in trouble if he doesn't in force this policy. I'm talking from experience here.

By The Book

That is good news.

Every center, can hire more Air Drivers.

Less "pressure" on pkg car drivers.

-Bug-
Yes, there would be less pressure on the drivers with respect to getting your air off. Then watch your stop count jump and put pressure on you that way. Then they cut routes to pay for the air drivers. Do the job right and we will all have a job. I'm not saying you don't do the job right, but we have always had this pressure as drivers.