New National Drop Box Policy

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The one area of the country where it's likely to be an issue is the Northeast. Maybe other large metro areas like Chicago, etc too but my experience in a station near NYC was you couldn't leave things unattended for very long. Sr. Mgr held meeting once and said there was a thief in the station and they were going to find him. Turned my back for a few minutes and my company jacket disappeared. And that was in the late 80's. Everyone here has complained about the quality of new hires in the last few years. I was working in a station in east Tennessee in 2012 at Peak. A valuable package disappeared and everyone, including myself, who worked late the night before were questioned by FedEx security. FedEx can run background checks before hiring but that doesn't guarantee they can keep all crooks out.
That's why they installed security cameras everywhere.

Myort

Half the CRRS here think the ambient light sensor on the backup TV screen is a camera so they put a piece of tape over the sensor

I see that too. I did a google search of the make and model number of the backup camera sensor and I found a diagram of the unit. It is an IR sensor, some of those screens are made for RVs and they can be mounted out of reach of the driver and can be controlled with a remote.

SmithBarney

I see that too. I did a google search of the make and model number of the backup camera sensor and I found a diagram of the unit. It is an IR sensor, some of those screens are made for RVs and they can be mounted out of reach of the driver and can be controlled with a remote.
A lot of times you can find the remote somewhere in the truck...

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Hell, I intentionally told that story at my station just to see how many cameras would get taped up! And, BTW, all you suspicious drivers out there...it wouldn't be that difficult to re-purpose that IR sensor screen with a tiny spy camera behind it. JS

It will be fine

Hell, I intentionally told that story at my station just to see how many cameras would get taped up! And, BTW, all you suspicious drivers out there...it wouldn't be that difficult to re-purpose that IR sensor screen with a tiny spy camera behind it. JS
You get better safety outcomes when drivers know it's a camera.

dezguy

I wish there was a camera there. They could watch me pluck nose hairs out, when I get bored or they start tickling my nose. FedEx's customers had better appreciate my excessive use of company hand sanitizer.

McFeely

Huge Member
omg that's a camera? I'm totally going to have some sex in my truck now just in case it gets uploaded to the internet.