New Teamsters Slogan

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member
I made his website too. Apparently me asking him if he ever went to a union meeting wasn’t an appropriate answer…….lol
But you're just a member
Screenshot_20230805_194253.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
With automation bearing down on us, UPS is going to be shutting down a lot of shifts and buildings. The lucky employees will get to transfer to another hub (maybe in another city), while the others will wind up unemployed.

While people in my building were griping about the crappy support the Teamster were giving us, they're disciples said, "Hey, it could be worse - the company could have fired you! At least the Teamsters are helping us follow the volume."

Given this reality, I came up with a really cool new slogan for the Teamsters:

REAMSTERS: WE HELP YOU FOLLOW THE VOLUME

And that isn't BS. There's a whole convoy of morons who used to worship the Teamsters commuting from Seattle to Tacoma right now. I'm tempted to visit the Tacoma hub just to say HI and pass out VOTE4BERNIE.SANDERS stickers.

What do you think?
I think the company agreed to raises knowing full well they will be replacing those jobs with robots. The higher wages will pay for it.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I think the company agreed to raises knowing full well they will be replacing those jobs with robots. The higher wages will pay for it.
I think the current automation tech will slow job growth. Future automation might end job growth all together. Eventually, jobs could be eliminated by attrition, but I think that's a long way off.

I like that the union has gotten better contract language giving us bargaining power before implementing platooning, because I think that's the most realistic tech that will cost us jobs.

Commercial Inside Release

The latest fad is to make it look like automation isn't taking jobs. The 70 or so BMW employees displaced by robots, are doing other jobs... But, I suspect this will only be until no one is paying anymore attention.

World Economic Forum & partners are trialing Universal Basic Incomes in various places. One of the reasons for the UBI is to offset job losses due to automation.

WEF is talking out of both sides of their mouth. They are just trying to find a graceful way to toss humanity into the dumpster.

Tanktoptony

There is a new hub they opened in Oregon that is the most automated in our region and they too had to hire more staff because of the number people needed to tend the belts. It doesn’t work if they jam and people break those jams. Tacoma is to my knowledge the only regional hub that’s mostly automated in the seattle area and with volume lighter they don’t need another night sort in Redmond. Assuming volume picks back up the sort will restart. There is a smaller automated building we have in Portland that does this same thing. It was mostly shut down for night sort due to staffing issues and volume would be taken Swan island instead but I think this more volume fluctuation than anything. Tacoma has been open a few years now and if automation was the reason Redmond night sort stopped it would have happened years ago.

Brown Down

Ah man I always miss the :censored2: lunatics before they get banned. What a maroon though. Typical if you don't see it my way or I don't get my way I'm gonna go cry everywhere about it.