New York State to send National Guard to assist NYC police in subways.

Commercial Inside Release

The Posse Comitatus Act bars federal troops from participating in civilian law enforcement except when expressly authorized by law. This 143-year-old law embodies an American tradition that sees military interference in civilian affairs as a threat to both democracy and personal liberty.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
What happened to all the social workers these defund the police dems said was the answer to solving the crime problem?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The city of New Bedford's School Committee last week asked for the N.G. troops to be deployed within the local high school to curb the violence.
They were refused.
Maybe this will change some hacks perspective going forward.

Wally

The Posse Comitatus Act bars federal troops from participating in civilian law enforcement except when expressly authorized by law. This 143-year-old law embodies an American tradition that sees military interference in civilian affairs as a threat to both democracy and personal liberty.
So the guard being used as security detail checking bags is illegal?

Mr.Blonde

Only way outs inna box

Hmmm. I’m not sure how to feel about this. It makes me a little uneasy. Judging by the comments, I’m not the only one. What do y’all think?
IMG_1481.gif

Wally

So before defund the police there would be cops by the turnstiles. Now many jump over. Revenue is way down.
Follow the money.

Box Ox

Hmmm. I’m not sure how to feel about this. It makes me a little uneasy. Judging by the comments, I’m not the only one. What do y’all think?
National Guard shouldn't be used as policemen

Leftists cry about policing and now policing in their cities will look a lot like it does in third world countries where paramilitary units with AKs hang out on the streets. Maybe NYC has actually devolved to that level.

Wally

Leftists cry about too much policing and now policing in their cities will look a lot like it does in third world countries where paramilitary units with AKs hang out on the streets. Maybe NYC has actually devolved to that level.
The city council has been trying to make things tough for cops to do their job. Every arrest is racist aditude.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I know this will start an argument, but State National Guards are not considered Federal Troops unless Federalized by the POTUS