NEWS - Man posing as UPS driver, 3 others wanted in violent home invasion in west Houston

clean hairy

Going to be more difficult with a helper making a delivery after dark.
Homeowner is only going to see a guy wearing regular clothes and a vest carrying a box up to his house.

Attachments

• IMG_0479.GIF
    IMG_0479.GIF
    226.8 KB · Views: 111

The Chosen 1

God, Family, UPSer
Did he have a DIAD board?... I'm guessing he didn't but how did the victim not recognize he didn't have one to get a signature...

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I looked at the gosh darn picture for 1 second and can tell that is a helper pullover jacket.
It is not the issued driver jacket. 1/2 zip pullover and the pocket too close to the front logo.
For the public, they are very similar and hard to tell the difference in the dark.
The news story doesn't bring up the variation between the two.

2 things will happen if UPS was smart:
1. Helpers will be given reflective yellow pullovers that says Driver Helper on the back to differentiate from the driver.
2. Drivers will be told to deliver all residential signature packages. I think we are required for A8's but will expand to all.

10 point

I looked at the gosh darn picture for 1 second and can tell that is a helper pullover jacket.
It is not the issued driver jacket. 1/2 zip pullover and the pocket too close to the front logo.
For the public, they are very similar and hard to tell the difference in the dark.
The news story doesn't bring up the variation between the two.

2 things will happen if UPS was smart:
1. Helpers will be given reflective yellow pullovers that says Driver Helper on the back to differentiate from the driver.
2. Drivers will be told to deliver all residential signature packages. I think we are required for A8's but will expand to all.
And start checking the seasonal uniforms back in piece by piece when they come to get their last check.
I remember the two workers from a company whose name starts with friend got cleared to enter the diamond market office at Christmas.a few years ago who held up (and tied up) at gunpoint the employees then proceeded to rob them of (I think it was) like 4 million $s worth of diamonds because they were in company looking uniforms.

10 point

Did those helper coats have the furry collar? I don't remember that.
Screenshot_20161203-110103.png

Electronic signature would be helpful for some deliveries.

Brisket

I don't want anybody thinking about guns when I'm walking into a garage or a front porch. That's a mistake they can't take back if it's just me.

Exactly! Drop and run, and if I get a ' Customer has requested DR Garage' , I place it literally just inside the garage,not all the way inside at the door.

BrownArmy

I think I would rather face a dog then a gun nut. At least the dog will growl and give you a warning not to come any closer.

Depends on the dog...

Peak, showed up later on this rural street than I usually do...

Normally this dog loses his mind when I get to the front door, but he's inside, no problem...but I get there two hours later than I normally would.

This :censored2: dog is strategic...turns out he's outside, it's dark, he waits till I'm halfway up the long driveway and then he starts barking/lunging/into kill mode.

Ran like a track-star back to the truck.

NI1/DOG.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
This robbery will make it particularly harder on Houston-area drivers. This story and video led off the most popular news program on Houston tv yesterday. I saw it on yahoo as well. Hopefully DR will alleviate most problems like this. When I was in PC, (77'-85') We had to acquire signatures on about 98% of deliveries. I had a couple of instances where homeowners came to the door after dark and were armed. Things are a lot worse now then it was back then. I wish only the best for our current drivers, cause it just got a little bit harder.