No Masks, No Hand Sanitizer, Filthy Facilities: A Sick UPS Worker Speaks Out

UPSER1987

You actually believe you are influencing anyone's vote here?

Not my first rodeo.

Yeah it is Trump's fault UPS is not instituting safety measures.

Give me a break...DAVE

Do you think you’re influencing UPS safety measures here? There’s like 20 people on this forum.
You’re an idiot.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
But the budget submitted by the president needs approval from the congress. Democrats do control congress.
They no like orange man.
Democrats only control the House, not the Senate or the Presidency.
The orange man needs to man up, and accept responsibility for his and his governments piss poor intial response to this crisis.

jimdandy3

Impeach Hunter Biden
Democrats only control the House, not the Senate or the Presidency.
The orange man needs to man up, and accept responsibility for his and his governments piss poor intial response to this crisis.

I wonder if the CDC would have acted more effectively under the previous administration.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
So you think Trump should have personally developed the test? That's pretty stupid.
No.
What he should have done was taken it more seriously from the beginning and declared an emergency sooner, so that as what amounts to being a war time President he could have loosened regulations and mobilized the Federal response faster. Valuable time was lost at the beginning

And you're right it would be stupid to think that Trump should have developed the tests. That's not what anyone is suggesting

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No Masks, No Hand Sanitizer, Filthy Facilities: A Sick UPS Worker Speaks Out

A snip:

Are they letting you take any safety precautions due to the virus?
It’s very much business as usual. As of this Monday, they did give us rubber gloves. But they tear. I’ll use six or seven pairs of them in a shift if I wear them. They’re just cheap latex gloves and that’s all UPS has given us. One day last week, we had no soap in our bathroom. We have a bathroom with three sinks. One of the sinks works. And they say they’re sanitizing the bathroom, but it has not been cleaned in months. It is disgusting. So we have one unsanitary bathroom that has, like, a 50 percent chance of having soap.

They haven’t given us hand sanitizer whatsoever. I thought they said they were going to give his hand sanitizer, I’m not sure if that was official, but I was told that by a manager. It never happened. So they’re basically doing nothing. And I can tell you for a fact, they don’t wipe down our equipment or clean our equipment ever......
Might as well get the virus and be done with it unless you are in the high risk group. No way you will stop this. People are still moving around. Less than 2 percent fatality rate, most of those in the high risk groups.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
No.
What he should have done was taken it more seriously from the beginning and declared an emergency sooner, so that as what amounts to being a war time President he could have loosened regulations and mobilized the Federal response faster. Valuable time was lost at the beginning
Just like Cuomo should have not shut down those hospitals of cut off buying ventilators.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No.

And you're right it would be stupid to think that Trump should have developed the tests. That's not what anyone is suggesting
You're suggesting he should have known the CDC tests were going to fail, that's ridiculous. If you look at the timeline you'll see the CDC waited too long to admit the tests weren't working. When Trump was alerted to that he took action.

But I do agree with you that Democrats'regulations hindered our ability to react and adapt to the situation.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
You're suggesting he should have known the CDC tests were going to fail, that's ridiculous. If you look at the timeline you'll see the CDC waited too long to admit the tests weren't working. When Trump was alerted to that he took action.

But I do agree with you that Democrats'regulations hindered our ability to react and adapt to the situation.

No I am suggesting that at the beginning of the year steps should have been taken to ease up on those regulations, and that if Trump ever paid attention to his intelligence briefings then stuff that is happening right now may not have been as dire as they are.
Trump and his god awful management style have :censored2:ed this country over, but you keep clinging to that" it's the Democrats fault"

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
No I am suggesting that at the beginning of the year steps should have been taken to ease up on those regulations, and that if Trump ever paid attention to his intelligence briefings then stuff that is happening right now may not have been as dire as they are.
Trump and his god awful management style have :censored2:ed this country over, but you keep clinging to that" it's the Democrats fault"
At the beginning of the year China and the world health organization were lying to the world saying there was no human to human transmission and it was contained, so I don't know what the hell you're doing other than spreading lies.

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Think of the money wasted on this impeachment, the time wasted on fake issues, and now it takes a crisis to get two groups of people to finally work together.

You would think that the dems are union, repubs are management and its contract time in 1997.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
At the beginning of the year China and the world health organization were lying to the world saying there was no human to human transmission and it was contained, so I don't know what the hell you're doing other than spreading lies.
Intelligence reports warned about a pandemic in January. Trump reportedly ignored them.
They knew then how bad it was, or are you saying that US intelligence wasn't aware of what was going on in a country that we have an adversarial relationship with?
Or is that the Democrats fault too?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Think of the money wasted on this impeachment, the time wasted on fake issues, and now it takes a crisis to get two groups of people to finally work together.

You would think that the dems are union, repubs are management and its contract time in 1997.
Unfortunately when they work together it's just twice as bad.