No match found

Man Of Brown

What is the deal when you scan a pkg, the address info auto fills but it beeps no match found. You hit override and keep going but does anyone know why it does this? I had only had it happen when I'd met a driver to take stops and transferred edd. But today it did it a ton on my regular route stops. They were pal'd to me originally, no add/cut.

Overpaid Union Thug

It used to be a big deal. Enough to where I had to return to the building to get another DIAD or they'd bring one to me. Nowadays no one seems to care. I guess the very long list of additional reports/metrics that ORION generates has replaced what used to be watched.

livin the dream

off topic but do you guys think all of these metrics will fall by the wayside in the near future? we all know it's bs, but how long will it take for the decision makers to see it as a threat to our daily operations?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
off topic but do you guys think all of these metrics will fall by the wayside in the near future? we all know it's bs, but how long will it take for the decision makers to see it as a threat to our daily operations?
The trouble is the people that decide which metric matters never did the job.

livin the dream

The trouble is the people that decide which metric matters never did the job.
I get that, but I'm talking on a more big picture scale. I feel it's entirely possible that all of this misguided corporate influence will eventually have very apparent consequences in our "numbers" that the decision makers care about. and I'm not saying those numbers aren't important, just that it'll come to a point where they really do have to admit that these "solutions" aren't working. to be honest, I'm relatively new to the company, but as a driver I see that the problem isn't with the hourlies. it's with management.

Man Of Brown

as a driver I see that the problem isn't with the hourlies. it's with management.

I'm newer as well and would agree generally speaking. Buy at least in my center the problem isnt with local management. Its higher up. Then tend to understand but still have to do what that have to do.

BrownArmy

Every time you have to hit override for one of those stops it will be on a report.

When I had two years in package, they sent me on some sort of kamikaze mission...

Total cluster-eff, last-minute craziness, etc.

There wasn't even a DIAD for me, so some manager or another told me to take one of the spares and just download the EDD for whatever jacky route they cobbled together at the last minute.

I couldn't wait for a 'proper' board, because I had a lot of NDA etc.

The next day, one of the supervisors told me that I 'sank the division' with the amount of overrides I had.

Jeez, I thought I'd done a good job...

By The Book

I'm newer as well and would agree generally speaking. Buy at least in my center the problem isnt with local management. Its higher up. Then tend to understand but still have to do what that have to do.
I would say in this instance your local management was the problem., speaking to having the route info in your board.