No More New Full Time Driver Jobs

blue efficacy

"...bought and paid for"? Hmmm...I don't recall getting a check in the mail swaying my vote.

And "...selling out Part Timers"? Excuse me, but I also thought union Part Timers had the opportunity to vote, either yes or no. Correct? And it seems they far outnumber Full Timers nationwide, no?

It appears Part Timers have sold themselves out. How? By simply not voting. Not caring. Ask them at your building, not how you voted but simply DID you vote.

1. They didn't pay you. They paid for the manipulative advertising. Like the advertising that mentioned it would be a good contract for PTers, among many other things.

2. You can hardly fault the part timers for being victim to the misleading advertising. If you're a kid working there for just a few years and you hear the contract is supposed to be good from the union, why would you even care to vote? The union and UPS are both telling them how great it is, why do they feel the need to vote?

3. If we had a real union that cared about the employees making less than $70,000 a year, they would actually tell the PTers that they're getting the shaft, and that might actually light some fire under their asses to get them to vote.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor
"...bought and paid for"? Hmmm...I don't recall getting a check in the mail swaying my vote.

And "...selling out Part Timers"? Excuse me, but I also thought union Part Timers had the opportunity to vote, either yes or no. Correct? And it seems they far outnumber Full Timers nationwide, no?

It appears Part Timers have sold themselves out. How? By simply not voting. Not caring. Ask them at your building, not how you voted but simply DID you vote.

none the part timers i spoke to ever received a ballot, funny huh. not even my 22.3 buddy received a ballot. I bet you most people who voted on the contract are drivers and feeders. I personally got about 7 pieces of mails that reminded me to vote yes on the contract.

govols019

You smell that?
Come on people! Don't try and pretend that most of the people that voted yes (in Central States anyway) even knew EXACTLY what they were voting on. It's naive to think that most of them didn't just vote yes because they saw that there were hourly increases and an improved pension. I'm willing to assume that most didn't even bother reading much of anything else. Or anything at all. I was going to vote yes but I actually took the time to read over all of the proposed changes and I decided to vote no. I'm part-time and am highly dissapointed in this contract and even more dissappointed that it will be ratified. Part-timers are getting it right in the nose this time.

Write it down, I agree with BAU on something. Doesn't happen very often.