Nord Stream pipelines

newfie

As you may recall, Putin wasn't trying to take control of all of Ukraine back in 2014.

Yes, there have indeed been "significant border actions" by the Russians in the areas of Ukraine in which there is now a war going on. Hmmmmmmmmm. 🤔😉
it appears you have forgotten what argument you were trying to make?

newfie

Think so? I'm not seeing it.
you're saying Putin had no interest in the Ukraine in 2014?

he had his puppets installed prior to until they were overthrown . He then esculated actions on the border with Ukraine using standard soviet tactics of claiming there were pro russian ukrainians there
Putins actions have clearly shown he has always had an interest in both Crimea and the Ukraine

vantexan

how can having your puppet running the country be anything but trying to control the whole country?
And Trump getting elected made him wait for a weaker president before going in. The Democrats love to say Trump was pro Russia but Putin's actions said otherwise.

Box Ox

how can having your puppet running the country be anything but trying to control the whole country?

Ah, the "your puppet" thing again. Yawn.

Putin didn't try to take the whole country in 2014. He did in 2022 and the Ukrainian response is what we're seeing now: An offensive force that's sufficiently trained and equipped to finally push the Russian military out of Ukraine, which they do not belong in.

newfie

Putin didn't try to take the whole country in 2014. He did in 2022 and the Ukrainian response is what we're seeing now: An offensive force that's sufficiently trained and equipped to finally push the Russian military out of Ukraine, which they do not belong in.
are you really that naive ?

vantexan

Look up the Maidan Revolution in Ukraine which started in 2013 and forced the Russian backed president, essentially a puppet, out of office. Putin had been controlling the country through his puppet for close to a decade.

newfie

Look up the Maidan Revolution in Ukraine which started in 2013 and forced the Russian backed president, essentially a puppet, out of office. Putin had been controlling the country through his puppet for close to a decade.
It was wall to wall in the news when it was happening.
its a standard soviet tactic to have puppets in the surrounding countries that you control and that are therefore no threat to you.
From our perspective it should be in our interest to have a buffer between us and a very dangerous possibly psychotic regime.
Instead we have been extremely intrusive into their politics under the mistaken notion that we can change how they think and operate on issues such as human rights.
The best thing we can do is to isolate that nut instead we keep stepping in pushing the boundaries.
The war itself is actually a minor issue in comparison to how it ends or could end.

Quote him then.
This is the most I'm going to do. Google, duckduckgo, and bing are not search engines but propaganda engines now and they all filter results.

* Zelensky's Ukrainian psychopath advisor cooly bragged in 2019 about sacrificing his own country and the Ukrainian people as the price to pay for his membership in NATO. Now they want to sacrifice the WORLD for their political ambitions

I'm listening to The REAL David Knight Show | Mon 21Mar22 Zelensky's Psychopath in 2019: Sacrifice Ukrainian People for NATO Membership on Podbean, check it out! Mon 21Mar22 Zelensky's Psychopath in 2019: Sacrifice Ukrainian People for NATO Membership

vantexan

Google, duckduckgo, and bing are not search engines but propaganda engines now and they all filter results.

Google has certainly been caught doing that but if you're talking researching millions of different things they are still by far the best search engine. I had a very conservative friend who hated Google and believed that anything I looked up on it had a liberal slant. Literally anything. And if I sent him a Google search result on anything he'd get angry. We don't talk anymore. Google's computers handle billions of searches a day. There's not enough time in the world to do everything they're accused of doing. Looking for good pizza in a certain town? They aren't going to send you the ones owned by registered Democrats while hiding the Republican owned ones. This is the kind of silliness we get into. If they were putting out liberal propaganda on everything people would've noticed long ago and boycotted them. Fact is that you can look up conservative issues and find plenty of posts that agree with you.

Thebrownblob

This is the most I'm going to do. Google, duckduckgo, and bing are not search engines but propaganda engines now and they all filter results.

* Zelensky's Ukrainian psychopath advisor cooly bragged in 2019 about sacrificing his own country and the Ukrainian people as the price to pay for his membership in NATO. Now they want to sacrifice the WORLD for their political ambitions

I'm listening to The REAL David Knight Show | Mon 21Mar22 Zelensky's Psychopath in 2019: Sacrifice Ukrainian People for NATO Membership on Podbean, check it out! Mon 21Mar22 Zelensky's Psychopath in 2019: Sacrifice Ukrainian People for NATO Membership
Love David

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Current public support for Russia in Crimea largely consists of two things:

-Russians, many of whom have likely moved in since 2014.
-Ukrainians who are at the end of a Russian gun.

I wouldn't take whatever polling is coming out of there very seriously.
You're really just proving my point.
You people aren't interested in peace.
You aren't willing to compromise at all.

You won't even acknowledge the fact that these areas are not politically homogeneous with your personal views of who should govern them. You certainly don't want them to be able to vote on that issue.

What you want is to support the current thing that Democrats have told you to support. The thing that 8 years ago they told you not to support. The thing that in the near future and billions of dollars later they will tell you to stop supporting again. What a joke.

floridays

Ukrainian offensives aren't at the point at which they'd even be having that conversation yet.

View attachment 403200
This may be instructive, it's long to watch, it will should make anyone thankful of our blessing. That said, I believe it can be translated into the Russian-Ukraine conflict.
I believe you (ox) may watch it, @DriveInDriveOut, not a chance.
It could be an illustration of why the previous and current encroachments are happening.
Just an offering to view. @DriveInDriveOut will not consider viewing, he knows everything already.

floridays

The previous was not the actual vide I wanted to offer, it still is instructive, at least to me.
This is the video I meant to post. It deals with rivers and ports,, and refers to our blessed geography

Nonetheless, I see correlations with Russia's former and current conquests of the Ukraine or Ukraine as it stands as a nation today.

If no one can see what I do that's fine, at least give it a view to understand in large part with what our nation was blessed.