Obama Budget

I GOT ONE MORE

There was no budget passed in 2012.

3.8 trillion dollars is proposed for the 2013 budget.

That's 10.4 billion dollars spent each day.

Is there anything wrong with this?

menotyou

bella amicizia
If you would get rid of the waste and fraud, we wouldn't have half the problems we do. Also, eliminate SSI.

Paul Ryan walks into my yard, he better be fast. If I am feeling generous, I will give him one warming shot. Maybe.

:winks:

bbsam

Staff member
If you would get rid of the waste and fraud, we wouldn't have half the problems we do. Also, eliminate SSI.

Paul Ryan walks into my yard, he better be fast. If I am feeling generous, I will give him one warming shot. Maybe.

:winks:
actually that's a popular misconception that politicians like to exploit. They point to selected items of obious "waste" and earmarks and claim to be able to cut these back into prosperity. No, it doesn't get you half way there. It represents a fraction of a percent of the deficit. And those items to be cut? They are ALWAYS in somebody else's district.

actually that's a popular misconception that politicians like to exploit. They point to selected items of obious "waste" and earmarks and claim to be able to cut these back into prosperity. No, it doesn't get you half way there. It represents a fraction of a percent of the deficit. And those items to be cut? They are ALWAYS in somebody else's district.
Wouldn't 1/2 way be better than no way?

bbsam

Staff member
Wouldn't 1/2 way be better than no way?
Wouldn't even be half way. Check a pie chart with defense, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid, and discretionary spending, and it becomes clear that cutting in discretionary spending (even if you cut all of it) doesn't even come close to shrinking the deficit.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Wouldn't even be half way. Check a pie chart with defense, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid, and discretionary spending, and it becomes clear that cutting in discretionary spending (even if you cut all of it) doesn't even come close to shrinking the deficit.
Same goes for......even if you taxed the rich people 100%, it still wouldn't be enough!!!!!

klein

Für Meno :)
I never understood those Bush tax cuts on behalf of paying for it thru SS pensions, anyways.
Won't be any SS left in a decade or 2 !

Canada did the opposite, and raised taxes for pensions, and I must say, I'm proud of it.
Our pensions remain secure :)

moreluck

golden ticket member
I never understood those Bush tax cuts on behalf of paying for it thru SS pensions, anyways.
Won't be any SS left in a decade or 2 !

Canada did the opposite, and raised taxes for pensions, and I must say, I'm proud of it.
Our pensions remain secure :)
That's what they keep telling you!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
apologetic-derelict.jpg