Obama Budget

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by I GOT ONE MORE, Feb 14, 2012.

1. There was no budget passed in 2012.

3.8 trillion dollars is proposed for the 2013 budget.

That's 10.4 billion dollars spent each day.

Is there anything wrong with this?

2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

Yes. The answer is hidden in your thread title.

3. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

4. moreluck

5. moreluck

6. bbsam

bbsam Moderator Staff Member

7. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

If you would get rid of the waste and fraud, we wouldn't have half the problems we do. Also, eliminate SSI.

Paul Ryan walks into my yard, he better be fast. If I am feeling generous, I will give him one warming shot. Maybe.

:winks:

8. bbsam

actually that's a popular misconception that politicians like to exploit. They point to selected items of obious "waste" and earmarks and claim to be able to cut these back into prosperity. No, it doesn't get you half way there. It represents a fraction of a percent of the deficit. And those items to be cut? They are ALWAYS in somebody else's district.

9. trplnkl

trplnkl 555

Wouldn't 1/2 way be better than no way?

10. bbsam

Wouldn't even be half way. Check a pie chart with defense, SSI, Medicare, Medicaid, and discretionary spending, and it becomes clear that cutting in discretionary spending (even if you cut all of it) doesn't even come close to shrinking the deficit.

11. moreluck

Same goes for......even if you taxed the rich people 100%, it still wouldn't be enough!!!!!

12. bbsam

That's why I have ALWAYS said they should let all the Bush/Obama tax cuts expire.

13. klein

klein Für Meno :)

I never understood those Bush tax cuts on behalf of paying for it thru SS pensions, anyways.
    Won't be any SS left in a decade or 2 !

Canada did the opposite, and raised taxes for pensions, and I must say, I'm proud of it.
    Our pensions remain secure :)

14. moreluck

That's what they keep telling you!!

15. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

16. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

[h=1]Obama's Dividend Assault[/h][h=2]A plan to triple the tax rate would hurt all shareholders.[/h]

17. moreluck

I don't understand his anxiousness in wanting to tax money that was already taxed !! Does he want all wisely invested seniors to become reliant on the gov't ?