Obama, the first-rate Republican

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Given that The Economist is generally a fervent supporter of free market capitalism and almost always supports the republican candidate, I was a little surprised to see this:

It's time
"A man who started with no money and few supporters has out-thought, out-organised and outfought the two mightiest machines in American politics—the Clintons and the conservative right."

He still won't get my vote, but increasingly it looks like he isn't going to need it anyway.

mthbstr8

Just read an ad that went "Napolean's advance was slowed by a painful hemroid so that he couldn't ride his horse. But now you today can have relief with so and so product." LOL

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Given that The Economist is generally a fervent supporter of free market capitalism and almost always supports the republican candidate, I was a little surprised to see this:

It's time
"A man who started with no money and few supporters has out-thought, out-organised and outfought the two mightiest machines in American politics—the Clintons and the conservative right."

My friend, McCain is not the conservative right.
Not even close.

wkmac

In 2008' about a week out from the election, the late Alexander Cockburn pinned the article linked in the OP. Problem is, this link is now dead but the article is archived here.

As a follow up now 6 years later, Bruce Bartlett at The American Conservative pinned a piece entitled, Obama Is A Republican.

Both see Obama in very similar ways.