Officially canceling DRIVE forever......

ArcherUTR

I think the OP is confusing the Office Of The Presidency with the legislature.

I also believes that thinks there is a two-party system in the United States of America.

JL 0513

Would you rather the money goes to Scott Walker?

Absolutely.

He'd probably vote to see your children starve. One hand washes the other...

Hilarious how backward the left is. The absence of capitalism causes starvation. Just look at history and the world. There's all the proof you need. Conservative free market principles creates more wealth and food than any other system.

Overpaid Union Thug

Giving any of my hard earned cash to a politician or political party is somewhere near the bottom of the list of things I would like to do in my lifetime. It's just a few spots above "shoving ice picks into both of my eyeballs."

And giving any of it to a labor union for them to give it to a politician or political party on my behalf is even lower down the list than that.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Absolutely.

Hilarious how backward the left is. The absence of capitalism causes starvation. Just look at history and the world. There's all the proof you need. Conservative free market principles creates more wealth and food than any other system.

More wealth and food for whom? The rich?

Tell me again about, Ronnie's "trickle-down" economics.

JL 0513

Wow. Open your eyes. Look at every communist society or dictatorship throughout history. Only the ruling class gets all the food they want. In America, where capitalism has given us all the food we could ever eat, the majority of poor people are fat.

I'm really sick and tired of people spewing this class warfare communist garbage. Capitalism has made us ALL wealthier. You can go live in a government run society where everyone but the ruling class is poor.

Bill Gates being worth $60B hasn't made you poorer one bit. In fact, you're wealthier because of someone like him. It's not a zero sum game. The more rich people we have, the better off we all are. We'd be screwed if not for the wealthy's tax revenue, productivity and employment of people. Think about it, Gates has paid 10's of billions in taxes. Would we be better off if we didn't benefit from those taxes? Or how about if we just eliminated the 100,000 Microsoft jobs? Getting my point yet?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Hate to break it to some here, but if it wasn't for money, democrats would drop unions like a bad habit. They just want your money. If there were go green type organizations with as much money as groups like the teamsters they'd be right there with them.

It's all about image now. Windmills and protecting snow bunnies is sexier than hard workers.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I really get a kick out of these debates.

Charles Barkley, while certainly not a beacon of intelligence or self-control, managed to sum it up perfectly as far as I'm concerned:

"Poor people been voting democrat for 50 years, and they're still poor.."

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Hate to break it to some here, but if it wasn't for money, democrats would drop unions like a bad habit. They just want your money. If there were go green type organizations with as much money as groups like the teamsters they'd be right there with them.

It's all about image now. Windmills and protecting snow bunnies is sexier than hard workers.
Yep if they really cared about workers they would be more worried about finding you a job than extending your unemployment benefits.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Wow. Open your eyes. Look at every communist society or dictatorship throughout history. Only the ruling class gets all the food they want. In America, where capitalism has given us all the food we could ever eat, the majority of poor people are fat.

I'm really sick and tired of people spewing this class warfare communist garbage. Capitalism has made us ALL wealthier. You can go live in a government run society where everyone but the ruling class is poor.

Bill Gates being worth $60B hasn't made you poorer one bit. In fact, you're wealthier because of someone like him. It's not a zero sum game. The more rich people we have, the better off we all are. We'd be screwed if not for the wealthy's tax revenue, productivity and employment of people. Think about it, Gates has paid 10's of billions in taxes. Would we be better off if we didn't benefit from those taxes? Or how about if we just eliminated the 100,000 Microsoft jobs? Getting my point yet?

This is the dumbest comment I've ever read in my life. We have multiple social safety nets that prevent people from going hungry. And the cheapest foods tend to be highly processed, highly caloric & lowly nutritious -- just try taking a stroll through Dollar Tree or 99 Cent Store sometime. Grocery stores (and food pantries) serving poor communities are generally loaded with these, because it's what people buy -- fresh produce is a rarity.

And the ranks of poor are swelling and middle class shrinking... I think we did quite well post-labor movement in the 60s, 70s, 80s before the era of "conservatism" and the super rich CEOs who think $200M is a fair pay day. But you're probably one of those drivers who believes that if UPS weren't union, you'd be earning $200K and have free, lifetime benefits... instead of the industry average $30-somethingK with no benefits.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
It's not about their members, it is all about the far left agenda. If it were really about members, they might support some GOP candidates that are pro US jobs.

And those pro-union GOP candidates are...? Finding a serious GOP candidate who's pro-union is like trying to find a straight guy at a gay-orgy -- like Arnold Schwarzenegger, who called himself Republican but was as Republican as... well, a straight guy at a gay orgy... You'd have an easier time finding Jimmy Hoffa (Sr) than a serious union-friendly republican...

Trackless in brown

I give 3 bucks a week to DRIVE. It's ass wipe money. Walker is an idiot.

hey Harry, you do know that Ronald Reagan or any other Republican never said or used the term "trickle -down economics, its a made up term by Democrats to get there uneducated , uninformed voters to the polls once every 4 years

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
And those pro-union GOP candidates are...? Finding a serious GOP candidate who's pro-union is like trying to find a straight guy at a gay-orgy -- like Arnold Schwarzenegger, who called himself Republican but was as Republican as... well, a straight guy at a gay orgy... You'd have an easier time finding Jimmy Hoffa (Sr) than a serious union-friendly republican...

Donald Trump is talking about China and the loss of US jobs right now. All I'm saying is that, vote automatically one way every time and your vote will be taken for granted. If elected officials really worried about getting the vote, they might think twice before doing something.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Donald Trump is talking about China and the loss of US jobs right now. All I'm saying is that, vote automatically one way every time and your vote will be taken for granted. If elected officials really worried about getting the vote, they might think twice before doing something.

I asked what serious candidates? You really think the union should back somebody who's only briefly in the race for publicity purposes, shooting his mouth off saying whatever he thinks people want to hear?

Again... name one SERIOUS GOP candidate who's pro-union. John McCain and Mitt Romney were historically moderate Republicans -- but neither (especially Romney) were ever truly on the side of the working man -- and both moved to extreme right positions when they entered the national race.

hey Harry, you do know that Ronald Reagan or any other Republican never said or used the term "trickle -down economics, its a made up term by Democrats to get there uneducated , uninformed voters to the polls once every 4 years

Republicans prefer to use terms like "supply-side economics" to get their uneducated, uninformed voters to the polls once every 4 years.

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Yeah, because Scott Walker has such a positive history with his stance on unions.
Hey, I have always thought that go government employee unions were raping the state coffers.

Notice how much of his actions were targeting them.