Ohio State Patrol

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Boy, what an interesting morning we had.
Seems we had the big boys come to give us some safety talk.
I didnt see anyone with a dry eye after the PCM.
I saw the sups, with great big old lumps forming at their adams apples.
As the cop draws on the "whiteboard" to show us how it is safe to park on a highway. He proceeds to tell us we "must "back into the driveway, or "nose" in, and get off the road and not impede traffic. This after years and especially lately, being told not to back if we can walk it off. Not to back down dead end streets, walk it off. But do it faster so you wont be hours late.
He goes on to say, pull off the road so all wheels are off the highway, Now isnt that property damage? Or pull onto the next sidestreet and deliver it from there, where it is a residential road, you may park.
He also said he would charge us in a heartbeat, if our vehicle is on road and we get rear-ended.
So do we listen to the law, or our company? Yes UPS will pay the fine for illegal parking, but we get the points on our license.
I EXPECT they will never invite them back again:happy2:
And is this figured in to our time studies?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I EXPECT they will never invite them back again:happy2:

YEPPP!!!
I think you got hat one figured out.

That was nice writing toon.
I thought it was going to be a story about a small kid getting run over ... "not a dry eye" , "lumps in their throats".

That was funny, still laughing!

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Why would anyone need to park on a highway? I mean its obvious you need to get all the way off or you will get "dinged" for a preventable on top of getting a citation. Why would anyone need to invite OSP for a PCM? I don't see the point....oh well.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Was the cop a fatso? All those free jelly donuts from the local Dunkin donuts

Why would anyone need to park on a highway? I mean its obvious you need to get all the way off or you will get "dinged" for a preventable on top of getting a citation. Why would anyone need to invite OSP for a PCM? I don't see the point....oh well.

No he was a young, thin, good looking Kid.
I park on the highways daily. There is no berm, there is no where to pull off, and I have done it on 3 days rides, and no one ever said not to.
My training route had several places where we had to park on road.