Oil

moreluck

golden ticket member
when he left - that's the main factor - funny you remember that and nothing else !

Oh yeah, in the midst of the turmoil, so was the Dow under $9000 !
So were housing prices ! Wow , good job Mr Bush !
I was sticking to the subject of oil, unlike you.

klein

Für Meno :)
Old article, but here is you average price as of May 2008 that still holds the record !
(poor Obama, he wasn't in office yet to take the blame) :(

WASHINGTON | Wed May 11, 2011 4:45pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. gasoline prices next month will come close to breaking the all-time record high price of $4.11 a gallon set three years ago, the Energy Department's forecasting arm said on Wednesday.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Where was unemployment when Bush finished? For Bush's 8 year term, the average was 5.2% unemployment. It was 7.6% when Obama took over.....and by Oct. 2010, it was 10.1%

It's still 8.3% (really, more like 9%) but they are scrambling to keep figuring the rate in a way so it looks favorable for them. It'll bite them in the arse soon.

Obama will have oil and unemployment as his albatrosses!!

klein

Für Meno :)

Where was unemployment when Bush finished? For Bush's 8 year term, the average was 5.2% unemployment. It was 7.6% when Obama took over.....and by Oct. 2010, it was 10.1%

It's still 8.3% (really, more like 9%) but they are scrambling to keep figuring the rate in a way so it looks favorable for them. It'll bite them in the arse soon.

Enough said.

av8torntn

Old article, but here is you average price as of May 2008 that still holds the record !
(poor Obama, he wasn't in office yet to take the blame) :(

WASHINGTON | Wed May 11, 2011 4:45pm EDT

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. gasoline prices next month will come close to breaking the all-time record high price of $4.11 a gallon set three years ago, the Energy Department's forecasting arm said on Wednesday.

According to the chart a couple posts above you he has the price of gas in 08 at .6 a gallon adjusted for inflation. Of course he has a false populist conclusion that speculation drives up the price of gas. Why not say speculation drives down the price of gas?

moreluck

golden ticket member
2ll105k.jpg

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
OIL down almost 3bucks a barrel today! Watch out below! On the way to 70 bucks! Right at the end of the 1st quarter like I said in February. DRILL baby Drill works on dummies but not realist.

If congress and the senate would only pass one of three bills to change the way OIL is traded, oil would dump to 60 bucks a barrel.

Oh yeah, I forgot, the republicans are holding the bills up in committees.

Give us a break GOP!

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
When is bhos going to release the Strategic Algae Reserves ?

Just an FYI.... I hope this doesnt hurt your feelings, I know how much you rely on Right wing garbage but ,

EXXON/MOBIL and CHEVRON have iNVESTED 550 million dollars in ALGAE research!!! Why would they do this?? Hmmm?? I realize you havent the first clue, nor do the others, but its the US MILITARY that is asking for this technology to be perfected! Thats right, our own Military.

If there was no future in it, why would two of the largest oil companies and the US Military seek to improve this technology? There are investors LINING up to get into this market!!

Startup teams with Chevron on algae fuel

Will Big Oil Become Big Algae? ExxonMobil and Chevron Invest in Synthetic Biology - ESG

Chevron Invests in Micro Algae - Emerging Technology Corporation, Green Division

Investors Fuel Solazyme With $52M for Algae — Cleantech News and Analysis

Chevron Backs Solazyme to Develop Algal Biodiesel Technology : TreeHugger

Solazyme in algae fuel deal with Chevron Honeywell HON

Algal biofuels - Algae for production of biofuels

GET A CLUE PEOPLE. You can repeat all the nonsense FOX NEWS FEEDS YOU, but the reality is that ALGAE is a legitimate alternative fuel source for the future. You all sound silly.

Peace

TOS

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So, if Big Oil becomes Big Algae.....will Obama triple the subsidies ??????

Always straight to the nonsense.

ALgae isnt intended on replacing OIL..... sheesh.. do we have to break this down to 3rd grade level to get a consensus?? ITS A BIODIESEL FUEL MORELUCK. DIESEL ISNT UNLEADED FUEL.

Hows that?

Peace

TOS

moreluck

golden ticket member
ZIP | Thursday, March 22, 2012 @ 2:12 pm |

[h=2]Obama: Drilling “Every Inch” of U.S. Would Not Cut Gas Prices…[/h]
obama-pipe-500x263.jpg

The 1.4 trillion barrels of oil under his feet beg to differ.
Via Washington Times:
President Obama used some dramatic imagery Thursday to defend his claims that more oil and gas drilling won’t help bring down gas prices.

In a speech at a Cushing, Okla., storage yard for pipes that will be used for the southern leg of the Keystone XL oil pipeline project, Mr. Obama said that even drilling on every inch of available land in the U.S. would do nothing to bring down gas prices.

“If I put an oil rig on the South Lawn [of the White House], if we put one next to the Washington Monument, we would still have to buy the rest of our needs from somewhere else,” he said.
But the president’s critics have taken sharp issue with many of his assertions about drilling.

The Institute for Energy Research, an industry-funded think tank, argues that the U.S. is sitting on 1.4 trillion barrels of oil — enough for a 200-year supply without a drop of foreign oil supplied.

While overall U.S. oil production has increased under Mr. Obama, opponents argue that he is reaping the benefits of President George W. Bush’s expansion of oil and gas leases.