OMS day position

Gazelle

Race me!
I'm a PT sup on the preload, and I recently found out that an OMS day position is available. I would love the hours since I'm in school. The woman who is leaving told me that our HR rep never posted the job, and is trying to hire "off the street". I talked to my center manager and my FT managers and they told me they believed someone was hired. I thought the job should have been offered to current employees first?

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
they probably just hired a temp. temps are generally pretty ****ty OMS, in a way that does hurt numbers, so it'll end up getting offered to PT supes at some point

Gazelle

Race me!
they probably just hired a temp. temps are generally pretty ****ty OMS, in a way that does hurt numbers, so it'll end up getting offered to PT supes at some point

Just found out that the girl they wanted to offer it to failed the AP test... I let everyone know that I want the position, we'll see how it pans out!

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
I'm not quite versed in the OMS positions, but won't you get an hourly pay-cut in exchange for more hours? Do PT sups normally move to OMS positions? Is there any actual upward mobility once you get to OMS?

I have never heard of this happening. Though, it has been quite some time since I spent any management time in the hubs...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There is limited upward mobility from the OMS position. If you are planning on making UPS your career you would be better served to stay where you are and work your way up from there.

TxRoadDawg

I'm not quite versed in the OMS positions, but won't you get an hourly pay-cut in exchange for more hours? Do PT sups normally move to OMS positions? Is there any actual upward mobility once you get to OMS?

I have never heard of this happening. Though, it has been quite some time since I spent any management time in the hubs...
Same money, MUCH easier QPR if they matter for raises, no dealing with part time hourlies crap. Same mobility upward. Only downside is you most likely will do 5.5 every day and be at the mercy of the next oms to show up on time to relieve you

Gazelle

Race me!
Same money, MUCH easier QPR if they matter for raises, no dealing with part time hourlies crap. Same mobility upward. Only downside is you most likely will do 5.5 every day and be at the mercy of the next oms to show up on time to relieve you

Yes this is what I've been told. They interviewed 2 people from off the street yesterday for the job, which I am pissed about but what can you do. My center manager told me today that the job has been filled, but then I talked to HR and the position is still open, and neither of those 2 people interview have been hired. I feel like someone if not everyone is lying to me, which should be expected of UPS. Basically HR told me that it's easier to hire for the position than to move people around. (Mind you there are about 5 candidates in the MAPP process as we speak trying to be sups on the preload) I know I can be replaced!

To put the icing on the cake... I also found out that these "off the street" interviews were "friends" with the HR manager...

TxRoadDawg

Yes this is what I've been told. They interviewed 2 people from off the street yesterday for the job, which I am pissed about but what can you do. My center manager told me today that the job has been filled, but then I talked to HR and the position is still open, and neither of those 2 people interview have been hired. I feel like someone if not everyone is lying to me, which should be expected of UPS. Basically HR told me that it's easier to hire for the position than to move people around. (Mind you there are about 5 candidates in the MAPP process as we speak trying to be sups on the preload) I know I can be replaced!

To put the icing on the cake... I also found out that these "off the street" interviews were "friends" with the HR manager...
You think that's bad try having someone from hr request you use a female as a helper. only trouble was I didn't think automotive could weld 2 more jump seats into the truck and widen the doors to accommodate her. needless to say I didnt score any points on the trickle down favor scale.

Gazelle

Race me!
You think that's bad try having someone from hr request you use a female as a helper. only trouble was I didn't think automotive could weld 2 more jump seats into the truck and widen the doors to accommodate her. needless to say I didnt score any points on the trickle down favor scale.

Whats wrong with females? I am female lol

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Not only could I physically fit, I'm physically fit! :happy-very:
presidents-award.jpg
presidents-award.jpg