On road-sup shagging a trip?

kingOFchester

Wow you determined he was a Sup just by watching the video?

Here is what I got out of the video, he is one :censored2: driver and he is taking his frustration out on the packages and the hand cart he keeps slamming on the ground. Seem familiar? Been there - done that.

Just my opinion.

1. Out of 100+ drivers I know, none of them carry their ID on a Lanyard except one guy. Safety committee member. None of the others even have a lanyard. Out of a handful of on road sups I know, all have a lanyard with their ID around their neck.
  2. Out of 100 +drivers I know, only maybe two seasonal drivers would load packages onto the cart like this cat. They wouldn't have the HT extender propped against a pole. He clearly moves like someone who has been at UPS for some time. So That cancels out a Seasonal driver. But could still be the safety committee member.
  3. Most drivers I know are use to BAD days that gets your anger up. But we deal with it day in and day out so you won't see us carrying on like this jerk. Looks to me the sup had to do a trip do to mismanagement or to many call outs. So he got stuck with the trip.

So you are right, it may be a driver. The only driver that would have their ID around their neck would be that safety committee member. And I can see him getting angry enough because he had planed on a relax day driving with sup doing observations. But do to a call out, the safety member had to do a trip. That is certainly plausible too.

Last edited:

kingOFchester

Won't let me post link. It was in first post. Now its gone. Wonder why the censorship??

Go to you tube. type "angry ups driver"

Last edited:

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Just my opinion.

1. Out of 100+ drivers I know, none of them carry their ID on a Lanyard except one guy. Safety committee member. None of the others even have a lanyard. Out of a handful of on road sups I know, all have a lanyard with their ID around their neck.
  2. Out of 100 +drivers I know, only maybe two seasonal drivers would load packages onto the cart like this cat. They wouldn't have the HT extender propped against a pole. He clearly moves like someone who has been at UPS for some time. So That cancels out a Seasonal driver. But could still be the safety committee member.
  3. Most drivers I know are use to BAD days that gets your anger up. But we deal with it day in and day out so you won't see us carrying on like this jerk. Looks to me the sup had to do a trip do to mismanagement or to many call outs. So he got stuck with the trip.

So you are right, it may be a driver. The only driver that would have their ID around their neck would be that safety committee member. And I can see him getting angry enough because he had planed on a relax day driving with sup doing observations. But do to a call out, the safety member had to do a trip. That is certainly plausible too.

You cannot determine he is a supervisor just by a ID lanyard. PERIOD.

kingOFchester

You cannot determine he is a supervisor just by a ID lanyard. PERIOD.

Just offering my opinion. My conclusion was based on more then just the lanyard. based on my center, with 100 drivers and 1/2 dozen sups, you would only see a sup in brown on a truck with a lanyard. They are also not familiar with hand truck use. Drivers know that loading the truck up against a pole isn't smart. Might want to read my post again.

Also, please tell your dispatcher that "he cannot determine whether a truck is blown out just by looking at numbers on a screen. PERIOD." Although, 600+ pieces forecasted for a 700 series truck should of thrown a red flag.