OOPS WRONG GUY! How Much Will His Payday Be?

Thebrownblob

or....its history
That’s just it, if you actually study history you would know slavery in America was never fully accepted by most. Even the founding fathers, some of whom had slaves, struggled with it in their writings, knowing they were wrong, and knowing that something had to be done,

vantexan

Dude, all slavery is unacceptable but there’s more brutal slavery going on around the world now than there was in America during slavery. The idea that slavery here was worse than somewhere else is a myth.
In fairness in areas dominated by the Catholic Church slaves had certain protections. They had to be treated humanely and were allowed to buy their way out of slavery. They often married into their master's family. To be sure that wasn't always the case. But in the what is now the U.S. slaves didn't have the same protections. Tended to treat slaves as not quite fully human.

Thebrownblob

In fairness in areas dominated by the Catholic Church slaves had certain protections. They had to be treated humanely and were allowed to buy their way out of slavery. They often married into their master's family. To be sure that wasn't always the case. But in the what is now the U.S. slaves didn't have the same protections. Tended to treat slaves as not quite fully human.
Hence, the reason I said, it was unacceptable, but not any worse than other places around the world, even currently. Most of the founding fathers struggled with the issue of slavery outwardly and personally. The very phrase “all men are created equal” spelled the end of slavery before the first shot was fired.

rickyb

That’s just it, if you actually study history you would know slavery in America was never fully accepted by most. Even the founding fathers, some of whom had slaves, struggled with it in their writings, knowing they were wrong, and knowing that something had to be done,
its still in your constitution and its still practiced today

so obviously theres enough current acceptance of it that its still there.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
slavery in jails
1691796966297.png

rickyb

Hmmm I don’t think that’s quite the same thing. But I would be willing to have a rational conversation with you about unnecessary laws or corrupt judicial system meant to put people in jail and prison.

yes you still have slavery in jails and its the same thing. slavery just changes but its still present.

probably has something to do with high prison rate too

Thebrownblob

yes you still have slavery in jails and its the same thing. slavery just changes but its still present.

probably has something to do with high prison rate too
Much of the prison system is overpopulated because of unnecessary laws and a complicated legal system, from people who you love. You love government you love laws. Of course some laws are necessary. And many of those prisoners deserve to be there.

I do you wander How is someone who might’ve spent the last 15 or 20 years in jail because of marijuana feels now? Everything is dangerous and illegal until the government can make a dollar off you.

vantexan

Hence, the reason I said, it was unacceptable, but not any worse than other places around the world, even currently. Most of the founding fathers struggled with the issue of slavery outwardly and personally. The very phrase “all men are created equal” spelled the end of slavery before the first shot was fired.
About the only country currently that's comparable on a mass scale is China. Sex trafficking is definitely a huge problem but when you talk about enslaving and dehumanizing an entire race there aren't any countries at this time that systematically mistreated slaves quite like the U.S. did at one time.