Operators and Operations Management; Disconnects Are Hazardous!

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

While visiting various facilities I have noticed the chronic pattern of the use of the conveyor disconnect switch for jogging out jams.

While doing this these disconnects are considered live.

This exposes anyone doing this do unreasonable hazards.

Sincerely,
I

Integrity

Binge Poster
Shooting on Tuesday. Integrity wants to discuss killing power to the belts via electrical junction box.
Returntosender,

Your statement is inaccurate. The hazard is using a live safety disconnect as a means of starting and stopping a conveyor as a means of jogging out conveyor jams. Electrical junction boxes are different and they were only mentioned by you.

At this time Integrity will not enter into any discussion about workplace violence however I will discuss it privately.

Sincerely,
I

What'dyabringmetoday???

Returntosender,

Your statement is inaccurate. The hazard is using a live safety disconnect as a means of starting and stopping a conveyor as a means of jogging out conveyor jams. Electrical junction boxes are different and they were only mentioned by you.

At this time Integrity will not enter into any discussion about workplace violence however I will discuss it privately.

Sincerely,
I
You are definitely a funny guy. You make me laugh. Thank you for that. (Of course, you may be a woman. Either way, you make me laugh.)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Back in the day we walked on the belt and broke the jam like men. We didn't need no stinkin' shutoffs, badges either.

To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

While visiting various facilities I have noticed the chronic pattern of the use of the conveyor disconnect switch for jogging out jams.

While doing this these disconnects are considered live.

This exposes anyone doing this do unreasonable hazards.

Sincerely,
I
What do you really mean??

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Integrity,

Sometimes when I want a laugh I'll take the s-hook off that someone else placed on a secured box and start up a belt without announcing.

Some men just want to watch the world burn I suppose.

Fraternally,
RH