Outta Here!

Oldfart

What is wrong with you. 17 bucks an hour after 10 years is not a perceived problem. That is a real problem. These guys gave their time to a company that promised them raises every year but for one reason or another didn't get it. They were lied to. So they kept plugging away waiting for a raise that never happened. FedEx themselves sees the problem and is "restructuring" the pay scale to get these guys the raises they deserve. How does the company itself see the problem and you don't. Your head is so far in the sand you do not see what's happening around you. Unhappy couriers are growing in numbers and happy couriers are declining. This new pay restructuring is most likely a lie as well to continue to get people to stay based on the premise that they will get the raise they are promised but will probably never see. The market levels and step plan is also wildly confusing for a job that involves delivering packages. Coincidence?? And don't try to tell me I'm bitter and full of hate. I don't even work at fedex. But I do talk to the couriers from time to time and all they say is how much more we make and how much they hate what FedEx has become.
If you don't work here and don't have a clue as to the facts, might be best to not post. The company has given 3% most years and gave a 2% raise one year over the last 10 years or more. Those are not huge raises but they are raises. Many of the people that were not topped out got over 6% raises last year and again this year. That is 12% over the last 2 years for those that have a problem with math. I have 40 + years and now I am not even topped out and you don't hear me whining like a girl.

vantexan

If you don't work here and don't have a clue as to the facts, might be best to not post. The company has given 3% most years and gave a 2% raise one year over the last 10 years or more. Those are not huge raises but they are raises. Many of the people that were not topped out got over 6% raises last year and again this year. That is 12% over the last 2 years for those that have a problem with math. I have 40 + years and now I am not even topped out and you don't hear me whining like a girl.
You work here and don't know the facts. Mid-range employees got 2% raises for 3 years and one year no raise. How would you like it if you got a 32 cent raise and topped out couriers got sixty something cents and pulled further away from you? I see why you don't want to know what other people make. Allows you to deny the company was unfair to us.

dezguy

You work here and don't know the facts. Mid-range employees got 2% raises for 3 years and one year no raise. How would you like it if you got a 32 cent raise and topped out couriers got sixty something cents and pulled further away from you? I see why you don't want to know what other people make. Allows you to deny the company was unfair to us.
B... B... But he posts facts!

You're just a hate filled whiner.

Purplepackage

Dude, he doesn't care. He's been topped out for almost 40 years and everybody else that didn't get what he got is a miserable whiner.

That's right, back in his day you could build a house on 10 dollars an hour. And while you're at it you could have your wife pop out 6 kids, support them all and smoke your pipe on a leather lounge chair when you got home.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
No I don't work there. But using that as your defense to discredit my post is moronic. I don't need to work at Wal-Mart to know that its a crappy job.

Oldfart

No I don't work there. But using that as your defense to discredit my post is moronic. I don't need to work at Wal-Mart to know that its a crappy job.
At least get the facts correct. Saying there have been no raises is just not correct.

bacha29

Bought me some of that cheap stock after the 9/11 disaster. Great buy and wish I had bought some more. Don't guess you were savvy enough to buy any.
FYI at one time I had 900 shares but as a matter of principle after seeing a steady stream of employee and contractor mistreatment that grew into a torrent, I sold it. I didn't care how high it went . I saw how they were getting it. For someone of your character it didn't matter. But rest assured if you were mistreated in the same manner that many of your coworkers have been treated and will be treated in the future rest assured you would feel the same way they do. By the way from that point going forward whenever I bought a company's stock I first checked to see how it's employees were making about. In the vast majority of the time if the employees were making out good the shareholder made out good as well.

Oldfart

FYI at one time I had 900 shares but as a matter of principle after seeing a steady stream of employee and contractor mistreatment that grew into a torrent, I sold it. I didn't care how high it went . I saw how they were getting it. For someone of your character it didn't matter. But rest assured if you were mistreated in the same manner that many of your coworkers have been treated and will be treated in the future rest assured you would feel the same way they do. By the way from that point going forward whenever I bought a company's stock I first checked to see how it's employees were making about. In the vast majority of the time if the employees were making out good the shareholder made out good as well.
Sold your stock because you hated the company so much? Bet you cash the paychecks though. I am sure you donated the stock proceeds to your friends that have been mistreated. You sure cant keep it.

Last edited:

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Sold your stock because you hated the company so much? Bet you cash the paychecks though. I am sure you donated the stock proceeds to your friends that have been mistreated. You sure cant keep it.
In one post you try to be reasonable when it helps your case. When someone else tries to make a point, you go off the deep end. Its like talking to a 5 year old. No one is trying to tell you to hate your job. But the FedEx of yesterday is not the FedEx of today. You got all the perks and pay of yesterdays FedEx when everyone else trying to make it is not. That's all they are trying to say you thick headed dimwit.

Oldfart

You just do not understand what your talking about or what's going on around you. Its truly astonishing.
A cola is a raise no matter how u spin it. Your salary went up. I am sure inflation has not averaged 3% the last 10 years. Could be wrong though.

Oldfart

Ok, we know you love your job. You sold your stock to protest the way your fellow employees are being treated. Did you give those employees the capital gains from that stock sale. If you really want to help them out, you would have looked out for them for their financial hardships. Do you still cash your Fedex paycheck? They are still treating their employees the same as when you protested with the stock sale. If you refuse to own stock in a company that does not treat employees right, wouldn't you refuse to cash a paycheck from that same company?

whenIgetthere

I asked a swing here and it was almost 2.50. Guess it depends where you are in the pay range. I believe it's the same as RTD and dispatch pay. Might be wrong on that. When I was RTD it was only .50 an hour.

It also depends on what market level you are on. I was on B (now Base), got 67 cents an hour, lost almost 2 bucks an hour when I took a route two years later.