PAID FOR TIME? told not to come in

Tired of the Bee S

I'm a part time TCD, i work preload normally and we have been going in at 245 am and working until about 9am. Wednesday my driving supervisor sent me a text saying I was driving Friday. Had not heard from him until this morning (Friday) at 810am, (drivers report at 9)he sent me a text saying not to come in. I sent a text back asking if someone was going to input my 8hr guarantee and he is claiming that not only am I not guaranteed 8 hrs because Im a part timer, but TCDs in general are not guaranteed 8hrs. I know this is complete BS ,pg 214 (c) states any part time tcd who reports and performs drivers work is guaranteed 8 hrs. The only reason I did not "report" is because he told me not to. Now I am screwed out of at least 8 hrs at triple my TCD rate, or over 6 hrs triple my preload rate, and he is trying to tell me i am only guaranteed 3.5 hrs today and i can come in tonight at 730 and work 3.5 hrs.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm a part time TCD, i work preload normally and we have been going in at 245 am and working until about 9am. Wednesday my driving supervisor sent me a text saying I was driving Friday. Had not heard from him until this morning (Friday) at 810am, (drivers report at 9)he sent me a text saying not to come in. I sent a text back asking if someone was going to input my 8hr guarantee and he is claiming that not only am I not guaranteed 8 hrs because Im a part timer, but TCDs in general are not guaranteed 8hrs. I know this is complete BS ,pg 214 (c) states any part time tcd who reports and performs drivers work is guaranteed 8 hrs. The only reason I did not "report" is because he told me not to. Now I am screwed out of at least 8 hrs at triple my TCD rate, or over 6 hrs triple my preload rate, and he is trying to tell me i am only guaranteed 3.5 hrs today and i can come in tonight at 730 and work 3.5 hrs.
Why didn't you report at 9am anyway (after he told you not to) and find your steward? Technically you
didn't report.....not sure if you can get your 8 hrs now.

Tired of the Bee S

I completely understand what you guys are saying, but had i physically walked in and they verbally said "we dont need you go home" and i was never punched in what dif would that have made? Like i said I at least have the entire text conversation so I would hope that would be just as good?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I completely understand what you guys are saying, but had i physically walked in and they verbally said "we dont need you go home" and i was never punched in what dif would that have made? Like i said I at least have the entire text conversation so I would hope that would be just as good?
If you had come in anyway and they said go home...you would've found your steward and explained the situation immediately. Guaranteed...they would've found some work for you after all....magically.

Tired of the Bee S

If you had come in anyway and they said go home...you would've found your steward and explained the situation immediately. Guaranteed...they would've found some work for you after all....magically.
Yea maybe, another guy showed up and they sent him home. I get what you're sayin though. Well as I had already planned I will be filing on this. Thanks brothas

Tired of the Bee S

You knew you shoulda showed up and you still didn't. I don't think you have a case to file for the 8 hrs.
Well I didnt "know", I had planned on going in a little before the 9 o'clock start time as instructed until I was sent a text at 810am and was told not to.
You just kinda made it sound like I knew if I wanted to have legitimate case I shouldve walked in, but when I got the text i thought well they are telling me not to, but it was planned work so they still have to pay me.

box_beeyotch

Well I didnt "know", I had planned on going in a little before the 9 o'clock start time as instructed until I was sent a text at 810am and was told not to.
You just kinda made it sound like I knew if I wanted to have legitimate case I shouldve walked in, but when I got the text i thought well they are telling me not to, but it was planned work so they still have to pay me.

Yeah but you didn't report on time. Should have ignored the message and showed up anyway. If they would've told you to go home then, tell them you want your 8. However in my local, TCDs are not guaranteed work other than their 3.5 hours of part time pay for their shift.