Part time Vacation Pay?

ltdan_13

Hello,
I have a question on how Vacation works for part-time employees. I was told that our vacation week(s) are an average of the last two weeks we have worked. My last two paychecks were 650$ (after taxes), but my vacation paycheck, which I received a week late, was only 300$ after taxes. Who do I go to about getting my paycheck fixed, if I am right? Is this how vacation pay works for you guys, for part-timers? Thank you.

ltdan_13

I am pretty sure my option week is 20hr at current pay rate.. Because my vacation week(s) have varied throughout the year from 200$ to 400$ so I can't image it being 20 hours of regular pay..

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Probably HR to keep them from quitting
HR employees are worse than politicians when it comes to lying. My mom is an HR head at a company and she was appalled when I told her some of the things they tell new hires.

My favorite last year was that new hires qualify for tuition assistance. Only problem is that is only open to management here. Their response "Yeah, but we're trying to open it up to everyone."

Oy vey.

By The Book

I have heard in some areas that it is an average of hours worked for the last quarter. This may be happening to you. Call your local union hall to verify.

1000RR

I'm almost certain I read somewhere in this forum that in one supplement they do average out your 2 or 3 previous weeks checks to determine how much your vacation check is. I can't remember who posted or what supplement it was. Here though for PT it is 25 hours for OPT week. 20 hours for all other weeks.

ltdan_13

Thanks for the help guys. I am going back to work today so I will find out. I tried calling the union, but they were no help.. I believe in Northern California, our Option week is flat 20 hours while our vacation is an average of something. I can verify this because whenever I take vacation, my paycheck can range anywhere from 300-400$ on average.