Pension Plan Questions????

upsgrunt

Somebody else mentioned it, but 2,000 hours is awfully high. Keep in mind if you are working a 40 hr a week job (which UPS is not) 2,080 hours is a full year.

That would mean you'd have to work all but 2 weeks to be considered invested for a year. Given our propensity for overtime, it would likely be all but 4 weeks . . . but that's still a lot considering vacation, holidays, and work slowdowns.

I already have over 2000 hours as of last weeks paycheck. What about everyone else?

gandydancer

:cool: I can answer one of your questions-peer 80, 82, 84 means the number of years worked plus your age add up to one of those numbers. I believe 84 will get you 100% of your pension and health coverage, and 80, 82 will give you 65-75%. I could be off a little on the 80, 82. We have this in the Western conference pension.

No. PEER-80, -82 and -84 all give you 100% pension. Which one you qualify for depends on which one your local has purchased with its H&W money. My local has paid for PEER 80. In Jan 2010 I'll have 21 years in and be 59 years old and can get my full retirement based on what I've contributed as of that date, with no penalties. Or I can keep working, and contributing, and earn a larger pension.

chev

Nightcrawler
Once this contract is finalized, its time we start demanding answers from our union. What are we getting for $72 a month. The least we should expect is solid, definitive answers to our pension questions. There should be a website that can easily answer all your questions. Every member should know when they're going to get their pension and at what age, how much, etc. Surely $72 will buy u that.
:surprised: You only pay $72 month. Bugger......we are at $85 and it is getting ready to go up again. :angry:

I have 2,264.77 hours so far as of last weeks check.
I had 2,967.88 hours at the end of last year and 2,996.57 hours the year before.

I think I work too much.:anxious:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Unless you are in your upper years what's the difference? Things will surely change by the time you get near retirement. 3030 per month here 30 years any age. A few extra bucks a month for part time years. I wil be quite happy if it's the same 10 years from now.