photo contest

moreluck

golden ticket member
We had a home office in Mission Viejo that I did all in black & white decor and used a lot of Ansel Adams framed prints. Love his work!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
We had a home office in Mission Viejo that I did all in black & white decor and used a lot of Ansel Adams framed prints. Love his work!

Ansel was "The Wizard of the Dark Room". He captured really good images but he made them great by "enhancing" them in the dark room. I am inspired by him even in this day long after his death and the demise of his medium. If he was alive today he would love computers and would be the Wizard of Photo Shop.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
This was one of my favorites .................

Ansel Adams:

Very nice ... I like to include dominant foreground objects to anchor an image like Ansel did in your posted image. You might like this "similar" picture from the shore of Jenny Lake looking up into the Cascade Canyon in the Tetons:
Cascade Canyon fron Jenny Lake_4666_web.jpg

satellitedriver

Very nice ... I like to include dominant foreground objects to anchor an image like Ansel did in your posted image. You might like this "similar" picture from the shore of Jenny Lake looking up into the Cascade Canyon in the Tetons:
Hoke,
I am not easily impressed, but hot damn you nailed it.
The mountains, lake and rocks were there, but how did you get the clouds to do your bidding?
The light, balance, depth and energy, draws me into the scene and takes me out of myself.
I could go on and on.

menotyou

bella amicizia
OMG. I lost my breath when I saw this. Beautiful. Just beautiful. Absolutely stunning, Hoaxster. Stunning.

moreluck

golden ticket member
With those beautiful "snapshots" of yours, come Christmas time, just frame some of them for gifts and folks can say they have an original Hoke!!

menotyou

bella amicizia
With those beautiful "snapshots" of yours, come Christmas time, just frame some of them for gifts and folks can say they have an original Hoke!!
Can I have one?!?!?!?!?!? Please?!?!?!?!?!

can you tell I like the picture(almost portrait) he captured?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'

Thanks for the memories Hoax! Hiked around Jenny Lake back in 1986 while on my last vacation with my dad. He was dying of cancer then and wanted to see the mountains one more time. He and I packed the van and just headed West. The hike around that lake was absolutely beautiful! Dad couldn't make the hike but I can imagine him sitting there soaking up the scenery of your pic. Somehow I imagine him still out there!

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I took a photo a few weeks back. Not really what i noticed most have posted here, but unique none the less. And after watching them post photos of Jerry and the Fonz......Will have to think about it, and get the censors to OK it.

d