Photos required all Res?

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Have they ever? That was the #1 customer complaint even back when I worked (maybe #2 behind "why do I get my deliver so late?).
There wasn’t really much of an excuse back then. I’m sure they still blame Covid for not paying claims

21Savage

Welp bye bye 1st flooring mattresses, furniture and treadmills for apartments. And no more mailbox deliveries for the country folks 🤣

Brownwind

Don't put Trucker Clock on that negotiation. You'll end up with a Hoffa sycophant that will claim cameras are the best thing ever. The guy seems to love the 2013 and 2018 contracts like they were the best thing ever and claims there were absolutely no givebacks even when present with facts like health care now has a deductible, 22.4's do the same job for less, etc, etc.

He will probably have microphones installed besides the cameras and say it is the best solution to getting a higher wage.
I’m not a fan of the inside driver cam but wish I had the outward camera. Had three events this past week. I avoided any incidents but wow. If seems like everyone is an idiot waiting to cash in on the brown atm

I agree with you guys in town concerning the cams but I’m on my own sixty miles plus away. Definitely a strange world

Brownwind

Looks like another blow to the runners. Wait till people start getting warning letters for improper DRs.
I hate the idea of the camera on me. I usually send a picture to my customers where I leave the box if I can’t make it to their house. (It’s very different out here on the farm. Ranch buildings and out sheds are the norm). I’m sorry but I can’t relate to the city guys.

kaythabet

Please stop texting my phone
Welp bye bye 1st flooring mattresses, furniture and treadmills for apartments. And no more mailbox deliveries for the country folks 🤣
I’m county and I was told to just take a pic of the mailbox, I was sure to snap a couple in the dark. Flash isn’t an option 😅

DOK

I’m county and I was told to just take a pic of the mailbox, I was sure to snap a couple in the dark. Flash isn’t an option 😅
Can you guys use mailbox as dr option up north? In the states it’s frowned upon, unless there’s a snowstorm lol.

Brownwind

Can you guys use mailbox as dr option up north? In the states it’s frowned upon, unless there’s a snowstorm lol.
Majority of my deliveries are at gates or out buildings. I never deliver to a mailbox unless the customer instructs me to. It’s probably not the same in town.

I’m not gonna tell you where I’m at but I’m so far removed from the city routes. Seriously though just do it the way you’re instructed and cash the bigger checks. Remember you didn’t make the rules but you can be disciplined if you don’t follow them. A dollar a minute is easy money.

ToteHoarder

I’m not a runner, but I enjoy getting into a nice fast paced flow.

Doing everything deliberately without a misstep from the seatbelt to the picking in the back down the steps walking to the door and pressing the doorbell all just perfectly and swiftly.

It’s like a cascading stream of water. I enjoy this and find it almost meditative and like a dance.

Having to take photos will probably ruin all of that.

We haven’t had photos for over 100 years and want to start now chipping away what productivity advantage we had over our newfound competitor?

The future seems bleak.

rod

Retired 22 years
It always against the law to use a mailbox for UPS stuff. Some postal people don't say anything but some do. See what happens if you stuff a mailbox and the postman can't get the mail in it. Our local Postmaster would hold the UPS stuff ransom until the Center Manager came to pick it up. He wouldn't release it to just a driver or sup. Our center manager didn't like getting his butt reamed out by the Postmaster because some lazy UPS driver wouldn't deliver like he was supposed to.

ToteHoarder

It always against the law to use a mailbox for UPS stuff. Some postal people don't say anything but some do. See what happens if you stuff a mailbox and the postman can't get the mail in it. Our local Postmaster would hold the UPS stuff ransom until the Center Manager came to pick it up. He wouldn't release it to just a driver or sup. Our center manager didn't like getting his butt reamed out by the Postmaster because some lazy UPS driver wouldn't deliver like he was supposed to.

Used to deliver rural a lot. Don’t put it in the mailbox, just put it in a DR bag and put it next to the mailbox.

Some driveways you only go down once.

kaythabet

Please stop texting my phone
Yep it’s available for use, they ask us to avoid it if we can but there’s nothing in the language against it. I do about 15 mailbox DR a day on a 65 stop county route. It’s a decent day when they aren’t :censored2:ing with me.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yep it’s available for use, they ask us to avoid it if we can but there’s nothing in the language against it. I do about 15 mailbox DR a day on a 65 stop county route. It’s a decent day when they aren’t :censored2:ing with me.
Damn you guys have it easy now days.