PLOT TWIST: UPS posts close to 2,000 PVD jobs under a new name - Seasonal Support Driver

Commercial Inside Release

The jobs were posted late Friday night. Maybe they were hoping no one would notice? Perhaps they think the ads will spread everywhere over the weekend, before they can be stopped?

Seasonal Support Driver has the same description as PVD Driver.

Seasonal Package Delivery Driver is the normal driver job... (wears browns, drives a brown truck or U-Haul, and doesn't get paid by the mile.)

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Well. I found one listing near me that sounds like my old Exception Air Driver job.
Use your own vehicle for making stops.
Back in the 80's I got 10 cents a mile for doing that, along with $10/hr pay.
In one year I double the amount of miles I would normally drive.
I had to submit an expense report monthly to get paid, that worked out to be equal to a regular check.
Only real issue was I had to change my engine oil almost monthly.

Well. I found one listing near me that sounds like my old Exception Air Driver job.
Use your own vehicle for making stops.
Back in the 80's I got 10 cents a mile for doing that, along with $10/hr pay.
In one year I double the amount of miles I would normally drive.
I had to submit an expense report monthly to get paid, that worked out to be equal to a regular check.
Only real issue was I had to change my engine oil almost monthly.
I did that one as a rookie too easy one

nWo

I thought it was a new contract the company has to provide insurance for these drivers

And the part timers get first dibs. SSD are seasonal part time union members.

Screenshot_20231028-165244.png

HarryWarden

They’ve already went around my building and asked everyone if they want to do it. Is the job even worth it with the wear and tear on your car? I feel like it would make more sense just to double inside

PT Car Washer

They’ve already went around my building and asked everyone if they want to do it. Is the job even worth it with the wear and tear on your car? I feel like it would make more sense just to double inside
Air drivers in my building would rather drive a rental at top ground rate then volunteer to be a PVD. $2500/wk vs being a PVD.

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
The jobs were posted late Friday night. Maybe they were hoping no one would notice? Perhaps they think the ads will spread everywhere over the weekend, before they can be stopped?

Seasonal Support Driver has the same description as PVD Driver.

Seasonal Package Delivery Driver is the normal driver job... (wears browns, drives a brown truck or U-Haul, and doesn't get paid by the mile.)
:censored2: those guys.