Pointless new drop boxes.

DontThrowPackages

In the past month they have put two new drop boxes on my route in places where customers aren't going to use them. My dispatcher tells me these decisions are coming out of Memphis (big surprise), and no one locally is being consulted. Last I heard it cost 2,000 to place a new one and that's before the driver goes to check it every day. These new boxes will never make back the cost of placement and we will eventually have to spends hundreds more to have them removed.
Is anyone else getting a bunch of new drop boxes or are they just picking on my station?
I'm so sick of this company bitching about how bad things are and we can't pay you what you deserve but we can sure waste money on stupid stuff like this.
I'm assuming these new "larger" boxes will probably have something to do with a new policy of ground packages being excepted as well as express. Think about it, if express volume is declining, then why so many new massive boxes?

cancan

I'm assuming these new "larger" boxes will probably have something to do with a new policy of ground packages being excepted as well as express. Think about it, if express volume is declining, then why so many new massive boxes?
I've seen a couple dual branded boxes. They were in a few areas. From what I heard, they didn't do so hot and got pulled.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.

Where did anyone say these boxes are larger?

hypo hanna

Where did anyone say these boxes are larger?

Standard model boxes.

Even if they were a newer larger version to promote mixed use, wouldn't it make sense to put them where someone is likely to use them? Maybe replace established express boxes that have a proven volume?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Standard model boxes.

Even if they were a newer larger version to promote mixed use, wouldn't it make sense to put them where someone is likely to use them? Maybe replace established express boxes that have a proven volume?

Placement logic seems to be on a par with operational logic...non-existent.