Possible New Package Handler. Question about hours

SavagePickle

So Im aware regular Package handler hours are like 2.5-4 hours typically. But with people quitting left and right is it normal to be offered to work a double shift or come in earlier?.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
So Im aware regular Package handler hours are like 2.5-4 hours typically. But with people quitting left and right is it normal to be offered to work a double shift or come in earlier?.

That's a tough one, no one has ever asked that question before. It's a mystery but I bet you can get the answer from someone who actually works with you in YOUR building.

... I don't work at UPS yet. I was asking if the little 4 hour shifts they give you actually seems like 8 with the work load they give you
That's a subjective question. Most people go to their 8 or more hour lawn care job after the shift. Manual labor is fine w/me. But I had a job a long time ago at a beef processing plant where I stared at a moving belt of bones and fat scraps, looking for actual meat and steaks that might have gotten into it. 5 minutes seemed like hours. My brain was turning into mush.

SavagePickle

ok then I guess it wouldn't make sense to work there until after peak? Cuz I have an 7-5 day job. and it looks like the 11pm-4am shift I wanted could quickly turn into a 11pm-7am shift during peak im guessing? lol