Post Your Station FAIL Here

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Another huge batch of lates at my station again today. Still waiting for freight to be brought out that won't even be attempted, unless they decide to let us stay out late. Burn up those hours ASAP, so then you won't be working on the weekends. No runners, not enough trucks or PowerPads, and incompetent, pathetic management.

Post your FAILS here...there have to be a lot.

hypo hanna

More then I could count. Never seen it this bad in 30 years. Usually we have the station cleared out by the 2nd day at the latest. Its looking as bad today as it did when this started.

STFXG

My station had pancakes today. Ran out of syrup. Ridiculous! What kind of management lets that happen!? A piss poor one!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Mmmmm, there's nothing like choking down a tall stack of dry flapjacks washed down with a refreshing glass of cookie dough to start off the day!

DRAisawesome

This peak is the busiest of my tenure. I'm sure we will be seeing a huge raise at express due to the huge increase in volume. Haha. Just continuing to WAD and get my OT. Most delivery drivers working 12 hour days. I guess at least we get paid OT compared to the ground driver.

xFed

We've been rolling freight for over a week now. All FT (and some PT) drivers working [at least] 12 hours each day and many are coming back with 25+ unattempted stops (several routes coming back with well over 50). A mini-sort takes place each night as we back our trucks up to the deck and offload the unattempted stops into town-specific cans to be reloaded the next morning. We are so screwed this peak, at this rate we will be delivering xmas pkgs in January!

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I'm really surprised at how eff'd up things are this early. Yeah, blame it all on weather. I don't seem to remember so many national service disruption days this early on.

We had uber late frt. that the sta. just rolled to tomorrow.
Monday, I del'd a pkg. that was due Friday and the customer knew it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm really surprised at how eff'd up things are this early. Yeah, blame it all on weather. I don't seem to remember so many national service disruption days this early on.

We had uber late frt. that the sta. just rolled to tomorrow.
Monday, I del'd a pkg. that was due Friday and the customer knew it.

No. Blame it on piss-poor management and terrible planning.

DontThrowPackages

Not really a fail in the sense of the word but management is finding out, VERY few drivers are taking out more stops than the sheet says to take out. But if they're forced to, they simply bring back what they planned on "Taking for a ride" anyway. In the past, when we knew raises, bonus etc... were coming our way for outstanding work during peak, we would load up and run our :censored2: off, into the night, cleaning out the freight from the station. Now, really, it just seems like a another day. Peak is nothing like it used to be. Once we hit our number, we're dropping the rest of our stops for the rookies to deal with. Actually this has been the easiest time of the entire year for those who WAD. A lot of what's being dropped to overflow is the "fat" of the rtes. The crud that makes you say," Dang, I've got to go here". Or, "Man, I've got 25 more of these boxes coming?". All that fat gets cut out and our rtes are Cake. LOVE IT!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not really a fail in the sense of the word but management is finding out, VERY few drivers are taking out more stops than the sheet says to take out. But if they're forced to, they simply bring back what they planned on "Taking for a ride" anyway. In the past, when we knew raises, bonus etc... were coming our way for outstanding work during peak, we would load up and run our :censored2: off, into the night, cleaning out the freight from the station. Now, really, it just seems like a another day. Peak is nothing like it used to be. Once we hit our number, we're dropping the rest of our stops for the rookies to deal with. Actually this has been the easiest time of the entire year for those who WAD. A lot of what's being dropped to overflow is the "fat" of the rtes. The crud that makes you say," Dang, I've got to go here". Or, "Man, I've got 25 more of these boxes coming?". All that fat gets cut out and our rtes are Cake. LOVE IT!

I'm writing this while on Code 43, so I'm getting paid to agree with you partially. Management as a whole has been an abysmal failure. Yes, there still are some good local managers, but almost everything they do is influenced by the stupidity emanating from MEM. Lots of couriers have found the power of WAD this year.

Nolimitz

I'm writing this while on Code 43, so I'm getting paid to agree with you partially. Management as a whole has been an abysmal failure. Yes, there still are some good local managers, but almost everything they do is influenced by the stupidity emanating from MEM. Lots of couriers have found the power of WAD this year.

I am so glad I am on vacation this week!

cancan

I actually made the mistake of ringing a doorbell and got bitched out by the lady because her package was a week late. Won't make that rookie mistake again.