Posting a new bid

I currently work at a small center as a A.M. preloader.

I am thinking of posting a bid to switch to a ECS clerk.

Does this seem like a bad idea? Will i have to take a pay cut?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just figured you people have more experiance than some of the people at my center. Outside opinion would help. Thanks.

Why would you base your decision on opinion from an Internet forum? Simply talk to the current ECS clerk, ask that person what their responsbilities are and, if you feel comfortable doing so, how much they are paid. Compare this to your current position and make your decision. Easy.

We do have more experience but I would feel bad if I gave you advice favoring one job over the other and you switched jobs based on that advice and then hated the new job.

Do your own homework--make your own decision.

ikoi62

I just figured you people have more experiance than some of the people at my center. Outside opinion would help. Thanks.
upstate is right,,
if you ask me im a Ecs clerk i love it..but mine is a full time job and pays just less then a driver and is guaranteed 8 hrs.probably one of the last areas that have full time ECS clerks.
so go ask your clerk what he makes and what he does.
opinions may vary on here.

Mike Hawk

Per contract it is not skilled labor, no extra dollar. However in my center even the unloaders get the extra dollar, your mileage may vary.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
At our building ECS clerks are not trained and have quite demanding jobs. Basically each one has been given just one task; one rts, one address corrects, one looks up moves, and the only function they all do is postcard everything to the customer counter.:knockedout: