Pre-load "Scan %"

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I always wonder about these people that say this. Do you know what it's like to work the pre-load? Every time you stack out, the job only gets harder. Lifting 50+ paper boxes off the floor, no egress, no space for over 70's. lol. The only person stacking out hurts is yourself at the end of the day when all your coworkers have already left and you got 3 sups watching you suffer .

I've seen first hand people try this whole "slow down " thing and the sups could really just care less. It only makes your job harder, and makes your loads terrible
Then you are not *actually* slowing down.
Sups will treat you like public enemy #1. Your job will be easier, your loads will be better.
Pick up piece, load piece, repeat, LET THINGS PASS YOU

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Personally my scan % is always under half but I still verify all my boxes by address so it's no big deal.

One time I said I scan everything but it's just my own personal flavor-of-the-month for whenever someone in management wants to bother me.

watdaflock?

I love their games. They want me to scan? Okay, well, no more writing HINs. Drivers will get :censored2: and then I'm told to write HINs... So no more scanning. Want scanning and HINs? Well, guess who's stacking out! Don't want me to stack out? No more scanning!.... Rinse and repeat til they leave you alone and you go back to what you were doing before.
^ A master of the game. ^

unloady

Ive only preloaded twice in 3 years here. Lets just say i did extremely bad. Theres a reason why i never get moved from sort aisle or unload. But from what ive heard from my friends in preload is exactly what you described. Good luck, just always work safe and show up on time.

wilberforce15

Not forcing you to stay....fry cook position always open somewhere...have at it, if loading boxes is to hard for you.

Fry cook would be a lot harder.

The slower and safer I'd work as a fry cook, the more likely I'd get fired.

As a loader, the slower and safer I work, the more I get paid.

Days

Loading is pretty fun though because you can come in half awake, not really have to think, and be done by 9 AM.

Super easy. I'd take it over customer service, but it does have its annoyances.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Not forcing you to stay....fry cook position always open somewhere...have at it, if loading boxes is to hard for you.
I can take it... one small bag at a time.
Loading is pretty fun though because you can come in half awake, not really have to think, and be done by 9 AM.
Are you talking preload or outbound loading?
Because with all the route cutting, preload is a crazy big game of jenga but with overweights. If I came in baked on meth/weed half-awake and started loading: those puppies would never hold.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
do your job and scan the packages

if you run out of time that’s on management, but scanning is methods and you can be fired for it

barnyard

KTM rider
It is really easy to tell when my preloader misses scans, misloads are up. My regular loader was on vacation a couple of weeks ago. Every day, I was missing 3-4 packages and had 3-4 that were not mine.

If I were a preloader still and was told to scan, I would stack and scan what I could, work right up to 5 hours, punch out and go home. If the stuff does not make it in, shrug.