preload/misloads and missed packages

toroman

my question is can you get fired for misloads? 2nd question if you work in a area that has four heavy trucks and you are doing all you can to get the package to the right truck and you miss some packages that go down the belt and the supervisor is standing at other end can you get wrote up for failure to follow instruction for missing your work?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

First question--yes, but they do have to follow progressive discipline. It is highly unlikely that a preloader will be terminated for misloads--more often than not why will be transferred to another part of the morning sort.

Second question--packages get by even the best preloaders--that's what the irreg cart is for.:wink2:

Having my coworkers stuff get past into my work area doesn't bother me much. Unless it is a ton of crap. Even then if they look swamped i will pull their stuff and leave it for them at the top i my work area. Non issue at my center unless egress gets to be a problem...

Now when the sort starts sending all of another belts stuff down mine i get a little tiked cuz i have to get all of it around the other belts overhead slide and load my stuff.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i was a terrible misloader and a preload belt-supe over a span of 2.5 years, i never saw a single person fired for misloads

make you quit, transfer you, drive you crazy, sure, but not termination

CicciaCarina

I have seen where they just push you to quit and make your life hell. So you end up hating going to work and don't want to do it anymore. Just try to scan every package and stay ahead as much as you can. Know what's coming down the belt to prevent this.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I have seen where they just push you to quit and make your life hell. So you end up hating going to work and don't want to do it anymore. Just try to scan every package and stay ahead as much as you can. Know what's coming down the belt to prevent this.
This thread is almost 10 years old. If you’ve got breasts, now would be a good time to show them.....