preload questions

S

splozi

Not every sup prints out your forecast. Some don't have a clue. I had to teach the last two I had how to do it.

o_O ... If my sup is doing pickoff because the regular guy didn't show up on time, I get pissy if the forecast sheets get printed late. I'd raise some hell if I didn't get them at all.

There's a specific day on which one of my bulk stops is particularly heavy, previously topping out at ~140 pieces. If I don't have my forecast sheets on time that day, I will track down my sup's sup and ask him if someone will be printing them, because at a certain point, that stop requires it's own truck.

Are sups required to print forecast sheets, or is this an optional luxury?

curiousbrain

o_O ... If my sup is doing pickoff because the regular guy didn't show up on time, I get pissy if the forecast sheets get printed late. I'd raise some hell if I didn't get them at all.

There's a specific day on which one of my bulk stops is particularly heavy, previously topping out at ~140 pieces. If I don't have my forecast sheets on time that day, I will track down my sup's sup and ask him if someone will be printing them, because at a certain point, that stop requires it's own truck.

Are sups required to print forecast sheets, or is this an optional luxury?

Can't speak for every area, but it is not a requirement in the sense that discipline happens if they are not hanging up; it is encouraged, but the rules are not exactly written in stone. If you wanted to follow the requirements to a letter, there are supposed to be the load manifests, and a sheet on each truck that informs the loader if they had a misload or not (and how many), their PPH, a load diagram, and several other miscellaneous details. These latter sheets are almost never hanging up unless a 60$ haircut is in the building; I print them everyday because ... well, just because it takes two seconds.

The thing with the load manifests is tricky, though, depending on how the center/hub you work in operates. If the PAS system restarts, all the PAL labels are juggled around slightly; so, something that might be in 3140 is now in 3175; which is not a big deal, until you consider that this happens with every stop in each car. So, ok, RDL/RDC/RDR/FLn stops stay in the same spot, but now every PAL'd location is off by an undetermined amount; and the loader doesn't know what it is. This is the primary reason (in my experience) why the load manifests are wrong. The next obvious reason is that the dispatch plan's are wonky, and the PDS/others are doing add/cuts after the manifests have been printed out; for obvious reasons of causality, these will not be reflected on your sheets.

If your supervisors have to do send-again's with the iSPA (mobile SPA machine) thing, then that is a real time drain on them.

Of course, maybe I'm thinking too much, as some part-time soups could care less whether load sheets are hanging up or not, which is ... sad.