President Obama!

BrownArmy

We are a country of LAWS .
If you are come here against these LAWS , then you must be willing to suffer the outcome of these violations when caught .

You missed my point.

As far as illegal immigration goes, it works for industry and farming, etc., so much so that the IRS actually takes taxes and gives returns to an entire undocumented population.

That's not a nod and a wink, that's wholesale acceptance of an underground populace, arguably a not insubstantial portion of our daily economy.

Now, we're already deporting criminal aliens on record numbers - in fact the deportation numbers have never been higher.

This isn't a binary situation.

We're already kicking out the criminals, now you want to kick out the law-abiding, tax-paying undocumented workers?

Are you ready for a 150% increase in food costs, for starters?

Again, have you thought this through?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Ya, I have.
I would like to see more American workers doing landscaping .
Let all those border jumpers go back and mow their own lawns.

oldngray

nowhere special
Ya, I have.
I would like to see more American workers doing landscaping .
Let all those border jumpers go back and mow their own lawns.

What the liberals just can't grasp is conservatives are not against immigration. Just ILLEGAL immigration. Which also explains how they can't understand how many of the legal immigrants supported Trump.

Last edited by a moderator:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Illegal immigration is also caused by visa overstays .
When they entered the USA they knew they were legally required to leave at some point in time.
Hopefully when they are found , it's directly back to the airport for them. No going before a judge to plead that they need more time to settle their affairs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Illegal immigration is also caused by visa overstays .
When they entered the USA they knew they were legally required to leave at some point in time.
Hopefully when they are found , it's directly back to the airport for them. No going before a judge to plead that they need more time to settle their affairs.
I don't see Trump being that uncaring.
He seems like a good, pragmatic person.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Or spending their money at the companies they own or have stake in. It's bigger than just cheap labor, they're a huge part of the economy. You can't just take 10+ million consumers out of the economy and not expect major problems.
If you take 10 million off the government dole or involved in crime because they can't get a job except for minimum wage, it'll recover in no time.

The problem with immigration comes down to the government social programs.
Immigrants before The Great Society did not have social programs to take advantage of so few cared.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
If you take 10 million off the government dole or involved in crime because they can't get a job except for minimum wage, it'll recover in no time.

The problem with immigration comes down to the government social programs.
Immigrants before The Great Society government social did not have social programs to take advantage of so few cared.
So not only do you take 10 million consumers out of the economy, you also take the money from 10 million food stamp and welfare spenders out of the economy... and you think that will make it better? How?

I get what you're saying but there's a reason republicans talk against social programs but then don't act on them, they're good for business.