Queen Elizabeth is dead and burning in hell

vantexan

They tried to make like Diana was a saint but she was little more than a brood mare and a tramp.
Whose husband was carrying on with another woman that he wasn't allowed to marry at the time. Diana was the acceptable alternative and I don't think she realized what she was getting into. Basically the Royals are like a lot of families. Dysfunctional. Why there's so much divorce.

oldngray

nowhere special
Whose husband was carrying on with another woman that he wasn't allowed to marry at the time. Diana was the acceptable alternative and I don't think she realized what she was getting into. Basically the Royals are like a lot of families. Dysfunctional. Why there's so much divorce.
Not as much divorce as a lot of side action that gets ignored. Mostly arranged marriages with little love.

floridays

I was in Colombia a few years back, and a church had some long dead saint in a glass coffin.
Somebody google who it was. I forget, and I'm at work. And these crazy people want me to actually do something...
Ring a bell?

Sanctuary of Saint Peter Claver​

Saint Peter Claver ?

vantexan

Not as much divorce as a lot of side action that gets ignored. Mostly arranged marriages with little love.
3 of her 4 children got divorced. Two remarried. Charles loved Camilla but had to settle for Diana. I was referring to divorce happening in most families and the Royals were no different.

What I get tired of is the constant attacks on institutions. I think it's kind of odd that so many Americans follow the Royals but at the same time any showing of respect for someone who has always been in the background of my life and the knives come out to tear her down. Same behavior on display with the tearing down of statues. Attack our history, attack our institutions, attack, attack, attack. Whatever else she was she was a young woman thrust into a symbolic role due to circumstances. Expected to uphold that role with dignity. In the end she really was a sweet little old lady that most of her country adored. My dad in his heyday could be a real SOB at times. Almost 84 now and he's a sweet old man. In the end that's how I'll remember him. And hope my family will think the same of me someday.
I would ask if there's a difference between refusing to put someone on a pedestal and attacking them?

vantexan

I would ask if there's a difference between refusing to put someone on a pedestal and attacking them?
Didn't say you were attacking them. But look at the title of this thread. People resent the rich and can't wait to attack them for any reason. I'm sure you're familiar with the 10 Commandments. "Thou shalt not covet." It's what a lot of this is about. Envy. Coveting what others have.

Didn't say you were attacking them. But look at the title of this thread. People resent the rich and can't wait to attack them for any reason. I'm sure you're familiar with the 10 Commandments. "Thou shalt not covet." It's what a lot of this is about. Envy. Coveting what others have.
The only person I saw complain about financial unfairness was @rickyb and his tax comment.

I don't think I could safely assume that @Mattmac0912 is coveting after physical wealth. He's probably just pissed off about what @zubenelgenubi is talking about.