Question about the 10 day grievance period.

kingOFchester

We were instructed never to bounce it back. We are instructed to except all on calls and contact center if we feel we should not get it or unable to service.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We were instructed never to bounce it back. We are instructed to except all on calls and contact center if we feel we should not get it or unable to service.
There is an override key for a reason.....maybe sent it to the wrong route....maybe is no such st. Maybe out of area on a slit car. Never bounce it back is ridiculous.Also let them know unless they are paying your cell phone bill you will not be "contacting center" on your dime

Last edited by a moderator:

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Send it back and type in reason you are bouncing it back. If you accept it and you don't make commit on it it's gonna be all on you. And I guarantee when they hear your rebuttal why you didn't make it they will tell you you should not have accepted it then. Classic ups way

stink219

Same here. The reason they don't want us to bounce it back is because it's a red mark for an OMS. All On Calls that are not mine or have difficult times are called in as "will be missed". Now they send a message before sending the OCA.

kingOFchester

I don't call in. I send message. I have used the phone but trying to eliminate even the few I do make. Hard habit to break as I hate texting.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
In the central you get 10 calender days to file a grievance on discipline and 5 working days to file on anything non discipline. those days start counting from the time of knowledge and do not stop for days off, vacation etc. The company does have 10 calender days to discipline also from the date of knowledge. If you are on vacation they MUST give you the letter of discipline on first day back. If laid off the time does not stop counting.

UPSGUY72

Did not know we can get in trouble for the commit time. A lot of times I'm way off never had a issue cross my fingers.

The clerk sitting in the office gets dinged if you pick up a OCA passed the commit time that is why they usually sent you a message 20 or so minutes before the commit to make the pickup before the commit time. You got a warning letter because someone complained about it. If you miss the +/- commit in your scheduled pick up the center and you take a hit. As long as the center makes 80% on time mark there isn't a problem.

It kind of like not sheet RD tags and sheeting a RS take NI or NR for any stop between 12-1 the clerk take a hit. Just pick up the OCA's before the commits problem solved.