Quotations on this site

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by dannyboy, Mar 1, 2008.

1. dannyboy

dannyboy From the promised LAND

I have had numerous people ask me how to quote part of the post without quoting the whole darn thing. PRetty simple.

Right above the dialog square box where you type, there are a lot of symbols. One is the # symbol. To the left you will see a balloon symbol like the one shown below.

What you want to do is the following.

the part you want to quote, highlight it using the mouse and right click the highlighted area. then click copy. Then go to the dialog box, click the balloon, and you will see this

2. dannyboy

Now, as you can see, I highlighted the photo, and quoted it here using the instructions listed.

I hope that helps.

3. rod

rod retired and happy

That's way too complicated for an old fart like me. I'm lucky to know how to add a :happy2:
  4. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

.....me too. I'm just a truck driver.
  5. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I will hit the "quote" tab, then usually just use the "Backspace" key between the [quotes] and delete the parts I don't want to use. I'm just a dumb truck driver too.:raspberry-tounge:
  6. dannyboy

Guys guys guys, Im just a retired dumb truck driver, and I figured it out all on my own.

7. DS

DS Fenderbender

I'm an old fart truck drivertoo,but I'm always learning new things.
  8. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

I usually just copy & paste the portion of the post I want to use and just put quotation marks before & after.
  9. dannyboy

DS, where did you find that poster of Tie at work????????:happy-very:

10. tieguy

tieguy Banned

One of my better poses.....shows my compassionate side....:happy-very:
  11. brownman15

brownman15 New Member

good thing picture was not taken in il have to be 15 feet from building to smoke lol
  12. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

I'm with you. I hit the quote button and then delete the parts that I don't want to quote. By far the easiest way.
  13. browniehound

browniehound Well-Known Member

14. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

Thats because you are retired and have time to diddle daddle.
  15. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

"Diddle daddle?"
  16. dannyboy

Yeah, ever done it? Its more fun in a small group as well!:wink2:

17. rod

rod retired and happy

I'm great at hitting the delete key. I would of been banned years ago if it I wasn't. Sometimes emotions get ahead of the ol brain so the delete key gets priority over the submit key:happy2: