R.I.P. Edward "Babe" Heffron 101st Airborne 506th PIR

Marne Vet

I knew Babe, and spoke with him every summer at the annual WWII Airshow in Reading PA. One of the nicest guys from my hometown, and he'll be missed by many. Sad day.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Sad day any day a WWII dies.
Sad day when we forget what they endured for our freedom.
Some day, some day sooner than thought, the news will start with a story about the last WWII Vet dying.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I have the book written about Bill and Babe which is signed by Wild Bill displayed on a shelf in my office.. Babe would call Bill every day do make sure he took his meds. About Bill Babe said "he was old school ,and if it was old school he was the principle".

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Sobel wasn't real, was he? I heard Winters passed a short while ago.
Sobel was real he tried to commited suicide in the 1960's but survived he died in 1987. Although the men give him credit for the hard training he forced upon them that later help many of them survive the hardships of war. Winters retired to a peaceful life in Hershey ,Pa and yes he died I believe about a year ago.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I read of his passing last evening. I have his and Babe's book on the shelf in my office (day job) . He signed it to my dad by name "Airborne" ( pop was in the 11th) "Wild Bill Guarnere Co. E 506 Band of Brothers".