R.I.P. George Jones

Catatonic

Nine Lives
My wife is going to be really sad to hear this.
I liked George but he was royalty to my wife.
His song "He Stopped Loving Her Today" was perhaps the most emotionally impactful "vocal" song I ever came across.

Who's gonna fill his shoes?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Damn I really wanted to see the possum live one day.

He stopped living her today and whose gonna fill their shoes are two all time greats.

over9five

Staff member
His song "He Stopped Loving Her Today" was perhaps the most emotionally impactful "vocal" song I ever came across.

Taylor Swift???

rod

Retired 22 years
RIP Mr. Jones. You were my favorite country singer. He Stopped Loving Her Today was voted the best Country song of all time a few years ago. When George Jones was interviewed about that award he stated "When I first read the lyrics to that song my first thought was---Who wrote that morbid son of a bitch?" I saw him perform live about 20 years ago--back when he was know as No Show Jones because he had a habbit of being AWOL for his concerts. He put on one hell of a show--if you were lucky enough the catch one.

George Jones-He Stopped Loving Her Today.... - YouTube

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Taylor Swift???

Lol there's a guy out there now with a hilarious parody about how all her songs are the same.

Jamey Johnson is the closest thing to main stream as true country gets right now. Going to see him next weekend.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Lol there's a guy out there now with a hilarious parody about how all her songs are the same.

Jamey Johnson is the closest thing to main stream as true country gets right now. Going to see him next weekend.

Jamey is my favorite country singer ... and player.
Boy plays a mean guitar.

I like others but he is way above the others in regards to true country.