R.I.P. Glen Frey from the Eagles

Catatonic

Nine Lives
EAGLES GUITARIST DEAD AT 67
Frey had been battling intestinal issues for months and had surgery in November. We're told in the last few days his condition took a turn for the worse.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
A hard driving business person who bullied everyone in the band except Don Henley.
Don Henley was the real talent in the band.
Glenn was the driving force behind all the business deals ... but only after Don gave the go-ahead.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The song was written by Eagles' members Randy Meisner, Don Henley and Glenn Frey. Meisner, who sang lead on it, says the song began as his solo composition. As it remained unfinished when time came for the One of These Nights album to be recorded, Henley and Frey assisted Meisner in completing it.
The song was written by band members Timothy B. Schmit, Glenn Frey, and Don Henley. Recorded in March 1978, it was the first song finished for the album and the first Eagles song to feature Schmit on lead vocals.
This was always one of my favorite Eagles songs.
Written by Don Henley and Glenn Frey and sung by Don Henley.

wkmac

These last few weeks have been tough for musicians from my generation. Today we get word of Dale Griffin of Mott the Hoople passing and now Glen.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It Is With The Heaviest of Hearts That We Announce … the passing of our comrade, Eagles founder, Glenn Frey, in New York City on Monday, January 18th, 2016.
Glenn fought a courageous battle for the past several weeks but, sadly, succumbed to complications from Rheumatoid Arthritis, Acute Ulcerative Colitis and Pneumonia.
The Frey family would like to thank everyone who joined Glenn to fight this fight and hoped and prayed for his recovery.
Words can neither describe our sorrow, nor our love and respect for all that he has given to us, his family, the music community & millions of fans worldwide.