Recycling programs in UPS facilities

oldngray

nowhere special
You guys get FREE pads?
3397007256_f3c219948a_z.jpg

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The company could probably do more by not generating so many useless reports in the first place. Remember when they said computers would make us a paperless society?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
The company could probably do more by not generating so many useless reports in the first place. Remember when they said computers would make us a paperless society?
Just printing out the route signs for the trucks everyday is a waste of a case of paper a day. Just laminate and reuse them...or print them as needed. Most of us load the same routes in the same bays everyday...i don't need signs to know which cars are which.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Most of our training is now done on the DIAD. I can see the day coming when our individual performance for the previous day will be sent to our DIADs.

I do agree that we kill way too many trees.

After the first few days of the program we are diverting about one large (33 gal) trash can of recyclables per day from the landfill to the recycling bin.

EmraldArcher

I'd like it if someone would take out the trash. Maybe refill the soap and paper towels in the locker room?

You still have paper towels in your bathrooms? Lucky bastard. They did away with those in my hub years ago.

For the men anyway, they still have them in the women's room. I wonder if I can file a grievance for that.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We worry about a paper cup but don't have a problem running a misload 5 miles each way at 8mpg diesel.

We worry about saving water by installing waterless urinals but can't seem to figure out how to stop gallons of diesel getting spilled at the pumps daily by faulty gas pumps that won't stop when filled.

We worry about taking paper towels out of the bathrooms and replacing them with blowers, yet we print ORIAN, DNEDs, SSPVE, multiple telematics on paper that no one even looks at.