Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
2500 years? You don't marry your sister not because it's icky, which it is, it's because it causes birth defects and hemophilia. But there you are explaining away something that's not in the text.
Again. Blood wasn't retarded. And there was no law against it.

I explained exactly what's in the text. Logic and necessary inference/conclusion demands Cain's wife was his sister.

Last edited:

oldngray

nowhere special
Again. Blood wasn't retarded. And there was no law against it.

I explained exactly what's in the text. Logic and necessary inference/conclusion demands Cain's wife was hid sister.
You also need to consider that it takes several generations before inbreeding potentially becomes a problem.

BrownFlush

If Brownflush points out that all was created in 6 24 hr days and the lineage from Adam down is stated then he is very much stating that the Earth is 6000-8000 years old.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day (Gen. 1:1-5).

Before God brought form and life to the earth, darkness hovered over the waters which covered the earth.
How many years was the the earth without form and had water but no light?

BrownFlush

And he backs that up by saying that dinosaurs coexisted with men, who started with Adam. That somehow men managed to not be eaten by the dinosaurs before God took them out with the flood.
I back it up because "all" creatures were made by God. Man was last. Your reasoning that men somehow managed not to be eaten falls flat. I'm going to go with they probably did.

BrownFlush

Never makes allowances for other people who didn't worship the God of Abraham. Different races. The Biblical account is of the Hebrews/Jews. It's their mythology.
What's this got to do with anything we're talking about right now??
Best I can tell, if you weren't in the linage of Abraham, you were an uncircumcised Gentile until Christ.

vantexan

This 100% correct.
It would be inaccurate to age the earth with this formula.
Did Got create Adam on Day 6? There was nothing but a formless Earth before those 6 24 hr days of creation? Then how would you determine the age of the Earth if you don't take into account the lineage from Adam? Which is exactly what fundamentalists do. 6000-8000 years.

vantexan

What's this got to do with anything we're talking about right now??
Best I can tell, if you weren't in the linage of Abraham, you were an uncircumcised Gentile until Christ.
Christians can be uncircumcised. There's no law I'm aware of saying we must be. It's just standard health practice these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.