Retirees in the Buff

rod

Retired 22 years
52ad7b35842341ce09c6f0c6cdde9b18.jpg

Sadly times have changed. Now the kids can't play outside by themselves (they can at my house thank god) - they stay up until 11:00 or 12:00 (I just shake my head at that- they will only eat mac and cheese or grilled cheese sammys with the crust cut off. My wife and I are at a loss as to where this concept of raising kids comes from because this was NOT the way my kids were raised. I still believe when society went to a "can't spank - every kid gets a trophy" it was the end of good parenting as we knew it.

rod

Retired 22 years

My 6 year old twins and 8 year old each has their own Kindle (the good ones-not like what we have) and a half dozen other tech gadgets/games/dvd players that I wouldn't know how to use. One of the main causes of fights at my house now is over charging cords. No one keeps track of where their cords ended up the last time they were used. Also earphones---------which they don't use often enough.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My 6 year old twins and 8 year old each has their own Kindle (the good ones-not like what we have) and a half dozen other tech gadgets/games/dvd players that I wouldn't know how to use. One of the main causes of fights at my house now is over charging cords. No one keeps track of where their cords ended up the last time they were used. Also earphones---------which they don't use often enough.

You better be careful---one of the little angels might unplug your oxygen machine to charge their cellphone.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
another day in the buff at a secret lake Tahoe beach but not sure if it was worth it. too crowded and too many guys bothering me cause I didn't have a guy with me.

oh well, gotta get another german shepherd.